How can we improve Trakt.tv?

sync/history not working

It appears sync/history has stopped working. Im using MediaPortal with app(user/pass) authentication. I believe someone that was using similar auth in TraktRater experienced the same problem, switching to oAuth fixed it.

Can you please look into this, here is an example:

Address: http://api.trakt.tv/sync/history

Post: {"shows":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt2861424","tmdb":null,"tvdb":275274,"tvrage":null},"title":"Rick and Morty","year":2013,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"number":2,"watched_at":"2017-09-21T23:18:03Z"}],"number":1}]}]}

Response: {"added":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"not_found":{"movies":[],"shows":[],"seasons":[],"episodes":[],"people":[]}}

Headers: {Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: close, Cf-Railgun: f027028b93 99.99 0.052076 0030 e6be, Vary: Accept-Encoding, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN, X-Request-Id: 5902f257-0095-41fc-ba59-18f1ae8a3658, X-Runtime: 0.048673, X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block, CF-RAY: 3a20bde4134319b0-SYD, Cache-Control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 23:18:07 GMT, ETag: W/"ea36265e9afc2633c26dd555294d3630", Set-Cookie: __cfduid=dade8663306194ac235c2a3d0e6586cc81506035886; expires=Fri, 21-Sep-18 23:18:06 GMT; path=/; domain=.trakt.tv; HttpOnly, Server: cloudflare-nginx}

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ltfearme shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Flávio Albuquerque commented  · 

I'm having similar problems with Kodi and the scrobbling function. It syncs sometimes, but often it indicates de progress (15%, 20%, etc) correctly but not when I finish (history). The problem started a week ago.

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

I looked into this more and so far I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the older token based auth. It seems to work when I tested it myself.

• ltfearme commented  · 

Switched to device code auth now and the history sync method works now. I have not yet released this to the wild but will do soon after some more tests.

Did you have at look into why everything else was working using token auth? My plugin called the old deprecated login method and if that was successful then it will think nothing is wrong.

• ltfearme commented  · 

I think it would be all users, someone reported that particular call not working then I verified myself.

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

Yeah, we moved away from anything related to asking the user for their username/password and instead moved completely to device based auth (the app presents the code). We also have pin based auth (Trakt presented the code) which is also unsupported, but won't be going away since a lot of apps use that.

That is weird that other methods work and just not that one though. I'll need to test out more things on my side to see if I can reproduce the issue. Is it broken for all users with this type of auth or just specific users?

• ltfearme commented  · 

Possibly, cant remember what it was called. It was not really made public I think but it was the mediacenter authentication that uses user/pass to login.

Strange everything else works though that requires permissions. I'll look at updating the app if its mandatory, I just want to be sure its the same authentication as mentioned in your post first.

Feedback and Knowledge Base