How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Filter future unaired episodes or episodes with no air dates

Please reject future episodes from being included in the database, as well as episodes from the future. For example, season 5 of Orange Is The New Black ended, and someone added Season 6 Episode 1 and Season 7 Episode 1, WHY??? This forever sit in my list telling me to watch it but Season 7 is two years away!
I know this data comes from other sites but please filter them out!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dorian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

We get the info from TVDB. Once they are removed from TVDB, we can remove from Trakt via a support ticket (I’ve done this for this show now).

In general, we can’t simply ignore future episodes though since we use that to build the calendar and in most cases it is perfectly valid data. With this show, the episodes didn’t have air dates so they shouldn’t really popup anywhere or do much harm.

I do agree that people need to stop adding them to TVDB though. I don’t see a way we can automatically ignore the data though and maybe TVDB can somehow prevent it?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dorian commented  · 

One way would be the date. If there is no air date, then ignore it because it's worthless anyways, and can't be placed on the calendar without a date.

Or, I've noticed that sometimes it's a strange date (09/24/2007 for example). So check if next episode/season's air date is < Last aired episode. In other words, if S01E10 is in 2016, but then S02E01 is in 2007, well that's impossible, so ignore it. Usually when the episodes ACTUALLY air for real, someone updates the airdate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base