How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Show titles in original language instead of English

I'm just bumping this freshly (as it's been reported plenty). It happens 24/7 to all kinds of shows and it's getting worse. Only manual updates fix it. You mentioned that you will fix the "EN" requests but apparently not yet?

http://i.imgur.com/6bXzKi9.png
Left is trakt... only anime shows. That happend since my last refresh of the data which was a little over a week ago...

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sp1tisp1ti shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sp1tisp1ti commented  · 

I think my reply disappeared (happens with UV quite a lot apparently). Yes, it is currently working better. Have not seen anything change yet.

Sounds good to me. I refreshed all the shows and will see if anything changes for them :).

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

It could be also be caching related on TVDB and TMDB. Each night, we request a list from each site for what has updated. Each item is then queued up for a refresh (the same thing as you manually doing it). I'm wondering if sometimes the old data is still cached so Trakt doesn't actually pull anything new down. I adjusted our time frame a little to try and capture a wider range of updates to see if that helps.

I also found a few more places that should help with forcing English show titles. Will continue to monitor that over this week.

Thanks. Maybe I'm also off and the update queues are just that long.. From my experience it seems that things like TMDB link ups, artwork refreshes and the like are never working in the automatic updates. I reported some cases of this in the past and I can still confirm the same today. It's really tedious to trigger them yourself and the site would benefit from a cleaner look overall if updates actually would be picked up (proper art and the likes for upcoming stuff or "new" current).

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

The automated and manual updates run the same thing, so there seems to be something going on when the automated updates queue up a lot of shows/movies to get updates. The hard part is there aren't steps to reproduce the issue so fixes are basically guess and check. I'll add some more updates later today to see if it helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base