How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Data loss issue

I have noticed that there are movies that I know I have watched since connecting Kodi to Trakt. I know this factually from the Kodi database and pulls I have previously made from it. I have mentioned this issue a few time I believe, one I can recall for sure, so I will leave the details here in more summary form and can outline further if needed. It would appear that somehow, the "watched" flag is getting removed. I have not seen the collected data removed, so it is either not happening or I am not catching it.

In fairness, I cannot be 100% if the watched flag is getting lost in Kodi and replicating its removal to Trakt, or if it is getting lost on Trakt and getting replicated to Kodi. What I can say for sure is that I can show a progression of data changes on Trakt that will cause this to happen. What I cannot say is that what I can show is the cause of all, I can just prove it can and has caused this to happen on one movie from my data. The core cause for this case I refer to (appears) is a movie in Kodi being tied to the "wrong" listing in Trakt. By wrong, I mean that there is a duplicate of some sort in Trakt that gets merged or an issue of incorrect data that gets corrected thus changing the winning entry in Trakt.

I know there are many variables here, and I know that the Trakt Kodi add-on can be real sloppy at times and there is no return from its progress, fails and warnings are just ignored unless you set debug and carefully watch the log each time. The movie(s) I have looked into for this are all local movies, so I can be sure that SALTS and its settings or use of Trakt is not replated, unless it is clearing watched flags all on its own which I would doubt.

As a free user, I am unable to do certain things and am restricted on exporting and importing data, so it would be hard for me to do any point-in-time comparisons on data as I would only have access to Kodi data. Is there anything I can do to help resolve the issue?

I am not sure which category this is best in, so I picked what seemed best.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)