How can we improve Trakt.tv?

International Watch Now links

I find that when I click on the where to watch button and it says a show is available on Netflix, it actually isn't always because it seems to only be based off the American catalogue. So I was just wondering if it would be possible to make the where to watch location specific so if it says a program/film is available on a platform, it actually is

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Olly Stedall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Watch Now" buttons seem to be for US visitors. Could you please localise depending on where we are from. I would rather see sites that work here in the UK, and prices in £. Same for other countries.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love trakt, I even just signed up for VIP. But it is so heavily US centric it renders it useless at times, for me.

For example, I'd like to know if I can watch Hidden Figures https://i.imgur.com/uYjWLsb.png ...but they're all US services which aren't relevant to me.

JustWatch have perfectly handled this issue by allowing me to select specific country so I can quickly see services relevant to me https://i.imgur.com/yQE6Z80.jpg

So, for now I'm having to use Justwatch and manually manage two sets of lists which is a bit of pain.

Cheers,
        Chris

• dblbirdie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a low hanging fruit or first step you could support the US providers, like Amazon Video or Netflix, and offer a country option for them. Do the APIs allow such an approach?

Feedback and Knowledge Base