How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Sensitive touch screen

When using a touch screen, the trakt website in general is too sensitive for scrolling/ navigating. We have to pay close attention to where we put our fingers and how to scroll.

Example: When swiping my finger up to scroll down, suddenly trakt is loading the page for the movie I saw yesterday. Or when I scroll through the movie section, suddenly I've added a random movie to my watchlist; sometimes I don't even notice until afterwards.

Thought at first this was a performance issue, and it very well might be, but this is seen on iPad, iPhone, android phone and tablet, with varying specs. You know better than me what the cause is, but as I see it, if it is a performance issue, then it is not connected to hardware, but rather website optimization.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • arcreactor commented  · 

I have problems like this all the time on mobile unfortunately.
        It seems like it acts up mostly for me when the page is loaded but is trying to display images.
        Like when you are browsing a list and not all of the posters are displayed yet.

Ciaron88 I believe that this is what you are looking for and it is marked as planned.

http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/17267057-swipe-scroll-the-banner-image

For me I end up getting sent all the way back to the main show page.

• ciaron88 commented  · 

i have this problem also. when trying to scroll with my finger on a episode page it clicks the the top picture and takes me to the season page every time rendering the website useless on a touch device as i can't get the the check in, add to history etc.. buttons

i am using an Amazon Fire tablet

Feedback and Knowledge Base