How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Adjust "up next" episodes to be selected as earliest unwatched episode for people skipping around a series.

TL;DR: If I've viewed some episodes from season 1 and some from season 7, let me choose my "next episode" to default to the earliest unwatched episode (season 1) rather than the current default of the latest (season 7).

Shows without a plot (i.e. documentaries, sketch shows, etc.) are quite often watched out of order. For example, here's my viewing of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

http://i.imgur.com/6N8GzKW.png

As you can see episode 3x03 is "up next" but I still have quite a few episodes before it in season 1 and 2 to watch. The true "next" episode for me to watch is episode 1x10.

I'm not sure if it's feasible to have the option to roll back the "up next" to the earliest unwatched episode in a series instead of the latest, but it would be quite helpful.

Thanks!

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PrefectDentPrefectDent shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • arcreactorarcreactor commented  · 

It would definitely have to be a toggle in settings expecially if you want to skip an episode.

• Dan BoveyDan Bovey commented  · 

This would have to be a new preference in your settings. Potentially per show. For instance, you start watching a daily talk show, and want to continue and not watch previous episodes.

• tackan27tackan27 commented  · 

Yes, please!

I came to ask for this feature, actually. I think it would make much more sense to have the up next show the earliest unwatched episode rather than the latest aired.

Feedback and Knowledge Base