How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Make 'Data refresh' available for everyone (improves it for everyone ;)

Hi,

so I changed some shows in TMDB. I guess I could now manually refresh it in trakt. Wouldn't it make sense to allow this for everyone? Currently, I would have to inform you (or support) and they do it manually... if you could just tell all wrong show info complainers to go to TMDB, fix it and they just hit refresh when done, you will never have to fix something manually ;)

thanks,
chris

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan BoveyDan Bovey commented  · 

Seems like there's also a massive problem with Trakt keeping in sync with TVDB removing whole seasons and shows. For instance, there are 4 shows for "Castle Rock" that got deleted on TheTVDB because it doesn't have an air date (TVDB mods don't allow shows that are rumoured/don't have more info).

https://trakt.tv/search/shows?query=castle%20rock

• LeoLeo commented  · 

I updated some TV shows, so they would have the correct information in Trakt.

Sometimes, the refresh does not work, i.e. https://trakt.tv/shows/het-lichaam-van-coppens

In order to force the refresh, I would need to be a VIP member and pay a monthly fee.

Isn't that insane? I invest my time for free to keep Trakt database up-to-date, and I also to pay for it, if I want to see it updated...

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

Trakt itself does refresh very quickly. The 8 hours can come in to play from the data we receive from TMDB or TVDB if it was updated right before trying to refresh on Trakt.

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

The main thing is changes on TMDB and TVDB aren't instant. It usually takes up to 8 hours for the data to be updated so an immediate refresh on Trakt won't necessarily grab the updated info. That's part of the reason its not a general feature since it could be confusing as to why the data didn't immediately update.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

By the way, I fixed Alaska State Troopers... it was canceled ages ago. Fixed it on TMDB.

Feedback and Knowledge Base