General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove time option when manually adding a title to history

Before it was easy to add a bunch of things manually because I could just use the tick mark. Now whenever I want to manually add 5 or 6 episodes from a tv show it takes me ages! I think it's a hassle to get asked every time with every episode and to be forced to choose. When I click the tick I just want the episode to be added and nothing else. So maybe you can find a better way to set the time (maybe with another field next to the tick mark where you can make a clock…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are not planning to remove the time option since many functions required a date/time to be attached. However, you can set a default in your settings to not get the question prompt.

2. Use ETAGs to reduce API data that hasn't changed

Right now applications need to frequently call and download all the information regarding Shows/Episodes etc to make sure they have the latest into. if you return proper last modified dates inside headers apps could just request the header and skip downloading the data if there has not been any changes.

This should both make apps faster and efficient and also reduce load on your servers and reduce your bandwidth usage.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The progress page has potential, but..

I feel like the progress page as a huge amount of potential.

Firstly when you hide completed, you have multiple pages with only a few shows on, you should move them all together.

Secondly, when you press hide completed, it should remember your choice (maybe a checkbox, or something in settings?).

Third and lastly, when you mark an episode watched, it should update to the next episode rather than staying on the last episode marked watched.

This is more of a feature request as the ones above feel like they should be there anyway, this is merely for aesthetic purposes.…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recently watched episodes - screenshots instead of poster (Trakt V2)

I really prefer screenshots instead of posters in the recently watched episodes tab (especially when you watched several episodes of the same show, with posters you can't differentiate the episodes quickly).
    It would be great if you could add this option.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TMDB ID and TVDB ID Sync

I watch a lot of lesser known TV shows who aren't popular enough to have a TMDB ID attached to them. I sometimes help improve the database over at TVDB and TMDB for these foreign TV shows so they look good on Trakt (and thus in my library).

Ever since the new Trakt upgrade, I've been having trouble syncing new TMDB IDs for these TV shows that pre-exist on Trakt, but don't have a TMDB ID, or if they have one, they were removed recently. So for example, if I completely revamp a pre-existing TMDB page for a TV show,…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter on multiple genres

Hi, when i want to lookup "animation" and "comedy" i only have the option to filter on 1 of those genres. But if i want to look for tv shows like "the simpsons" or "family guy" i cannot make a selection on multiple genres (animation + comedy) and i'm presented with other series that have nothing to do with the second genre i'm looking for.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the site faster

A faster site.It lags.Improvements would be nice

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to add trailers or teasers to episodes or upcoming seasons

It would be great if there would be an option to add this feature in the calendar or dashboard by hovering or clicking on the upcoming episode to see it's teaser or trailers.And it would be great if it works with your show's upcoming season or an entirely new show it saves you the trouble to look for them on youtube.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. https://trakt.tv/shows/hidden-things

This show hasn't been updating for a while. The title should change to Kakushigoto for example...

REFRESH DATA
    UPDATED 18 MAR 2020

https://trakt.tv/shows/hidden-things

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make images available in WebP format

Please make image files available in WebP format as well.
    You could also use them on your own website to save some bandwidth when users visit using chrome.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trakt is a bit confusing

I really like your website, but sometimes I feel lost. What I mean is that trakt is kinda complicated and confusing. I just recently started using trakt and comparing it to episodecalendar.com, trakt has way more interesting features but is also hard to get around. I can't tell exactly how I think it would become better, just that you should make more straightforward and simple.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Watchlist Broken

Watching an episode of a tv show, doesn´t remove the tv show from the watchlist.
    Please fix.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. hide seasons from progress page

Before v2 we had the option to hide seasons from the progress page, this was useful in instances where you wanted to keep track of your current progress on a certain show but minus a certain season.

For example, I watch new SNL (or Daily Show, or one of the Late Night shows) episodes, but I didn't watch the old seasons of it, and I'm not going to, so instead of hiding the whole show I want only to hide those old seasons.

Just bring it back, please.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rating

Can someone help me find how to rate shows on the new design? That and the lists were my favorite features and now I don't know where either are.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New API: TV show and movie aliases

Hi guys!

Just love this place you totally got me addited to trakt, best idea ever if you ask me!

Okay so I'm Swedish and sometimes watch the Swedish TV although it is rare , USA FTW I'm I right? ;)

So there's this Swedish television series called "Äkta Människor" It's supposed to be pretty good. After reading a bit about it on TVRage I thought to add it to trakt obivusly, but found nothing when searching. Finally, I tried searching on its US/UK name "Real Humans" when I finhally found it.

On sites like TVRage and TVDB you can…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Season/Series Premiere & Season/Series Finale marks on the Calendar

Earlier we had on the calendar the marks SEASON PREMIERE and SERIES PREMIERE in respective episodes. We will again have these marks?
    I think that would be an an improvement to the calendar have not only the return of these marks but also a mark of SEASON FINALE and SERIES FINALE in respective episodes.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Where are my personal lists in v2 ? can i still use the api to get my list of tvshows ? thanks

Where are my personal lists in v2 ? can i still use the api to get my list of tvshows ? thanks

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to Include Specials in progress list

Currently specials don't show on a progress list -- only season episodes.

As I use the progress list as an 'unwatched' queue - I noticed this week with all of the Doctor Who specials that my 'unwatched' queue showed nothing new -- although, of course, I can see them on the monthly calendar.

It was only after going back many months in the calendar that I realized other shows also had 'specials' that I was not aware of. In order to find all specials - I will need to go through each program one at a time.

Would it be…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories