General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shows notifications for new episodes, email digest

Hi,
    I really like your site but I think there's a big feature missing.

Why don't I have the option to receive an email notification for new episodes of my watchlist shows or even a weekly/monthly digest email with my watchlist shows episodes for the next week or month should be essential.

Please give me a feedback on this.
    Thanks

Joao

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter based on "Watch now" services that I subscribe to

It would be great to extend the "Watch now" feature such that I can tell Trakt which services I subscribe to, e.g. Netflix and HBO Go, and have it apply a filter to only show items that are available from those services when viewing a list.

Example, I favorited a IMDB Top 250 list and it would be nice to see what's currently available to watch so that I can start working through it.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mark as watched on original air date

It'd be great if the the default option for marking a whole show as watched automatically selected the original air date of the episodes rather than today's date.

When adding historical information to your account it skews all the watched stats as they all get added at the same time.

When updating an individual episode or a movie it could default to the Original Air Date (Release date for movies) with Current Date/Time and Choosing your own date/time as options.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Page to show viewed series/movies that you haven't yet rated

I would like a page that displays all of the television series and movies that you've marked as watched but have not yet rated.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API v1 must work without any change (lots of apps are now blocked!)

one of your tweets a few days ago was about restori ng API v1 so all the exisiting apps could still work.
    This seems tpo me a priority because this has a bigger impact than the webiste itself.
    All apps are now blocked !

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Where to watch information

Provide information on where a user can watch the show (OTA, cable station, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc). For instance, an AMC show could have two sources: AMC, Amazon Prime. This way, when we find something we want to watch, we know where to find it! Currently, the mobile app shows a station number (AMC is channel 4?). A clearer identifier would be the network name and, for cordcutters, alternative sources to get the content.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The watch now feature is currently in BETA. We have over 300 sources where to watch items. These links are available to everyone.

In addition, VIP members can use advanced filtering on the TV, movies, calendar, and search pages for specific sources they want to check availability on.

7. Trakt v2.0 trailers

Why were the trailers removed from the v2.0?

I think this features is a must have.

Any ideas if it will be back? And when?

Thank you

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide unreleased movies/shows from your watchlist

Ability to hide movies from watchlist that are not yet released, like movies for 2015.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to apply a dark theme across the entire website?

It would be really amazing if you could make a dark version of the website. I suffer from Horton's (also known as cluster headache) and while I love the site and use it practically every day, it can sometimes be pretty painful, because of its brightness.

But even people without any similar conditions could benefit from it, seeing as a high-contrast, dark theme would reduce eye strain.

I wouldn't mind if you made various other themes, offered up 1 for free, so regular users could see what it does, and then make the rest a VIP feature. Or do what…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick rating: add the number

In the show's seasons pages (for example this: https://trakt.tv/shows/breaking-bad/seasons/1 ), I can rate quickly every episode of the season without having to open the episode page.

The problem is that here I can see only the heart icons, without any number (example: http://i.imgur.com/zoO34r2.png ). If I want to rate the episode 1 or 10 there is no problem, but if I want to rate 6, I have to count the icons.

Please add the number (from 1 to 10) in the "quick rating" panel too, like in the single episode page. Thanks!

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a separate section in Watchlist for shows that have ended

Sometimes you hear of a show only after it is over, and eventually all shows will end.
    It would help to have this information clearly on the watchlist.
    This information is already available in the shows details, shouldnt be hard to aggregate the watchlist this way, or at least add it as a filter.

Personally I'd see this as a decent feature because it would:

1. Allow me to see which shows I need to follow actively (scrap,look for in rss, etc) from those we can look for Season packages.

2. It would tidy up the watchlist page as it can easily…
    74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Watchlist comparison between friends.

If you want to watch a movie together with friends, it would be handy to see movies we all want to watch. In order to do so, add an option to compare watchlist with one or more friends.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TV Show Progress page should only show episodes as un-watched once they've aired

Currently the TV Show Progress page shows episodes that air any time 'today' as 'aired today', even though they air later that day. Trakt already knows what time the shows air, so why not take that in to account when calculating whether an episode as aired or not.

An example for right now is New Girl. The next episode to air is today, in about 12 hours time, and yet the progress page is telling me that I'm missing an episode.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The progress bars on the show summary and progress page have been updated to use the localized date/time value. The time has been added to the next episode too. Episodes won’t count toward the percentage until they have actually aired.

For example, Suits is on at 9pm tonight. I will be at 100% watched until tonight at 9pm, then my % will go down a bit to indicate I need to watch the latest ep.

14. Graph for the rating system

I love the rating system at the moment but i would really like to see it stretched just that little bit further.
    I would like there to be a visual graph of how the heart rating votes are distributed most probably in a bar chart.

I would really like to see this feature because for one it just looks nice to see the distribution of the ratings but also the calculated average can be wrong sometimes, in particular for really bad films that are so bad that they are good, they will get lots of ratings for being bad and…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extra color for collected but unseen in TV Show progress page (Trakt2.0)

I am re-posting this from VIP forum with proposed ideas.

In TV Show progress page, we now have 2 colors (red for unseen show in season, and green for seen). Proposition is to add third color (blue?) for unseen episodes, but collected.

So finally we would have
    1. " Green :-) " for seen episodes
    2. " Blue :-| " for unseen but collected
    3. " Red :-( " for unseen and not collected

here is how it was in Trakt 1.0:
    http://cl.ly/image/1o282Y3J0d0F

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rating gone, switching between series/movies in collection view

Hi, i can't or the manual rating for a movie/series is gone (the 1 to 10 hearts).

Could there be a better option to switch the overview in your colllection? A dropdown menu is always not the best choice. (see screenshot for dropdown menu) http://i.imgur.com/G8in4EC.jpg
    And when i click on "Collection" it always changes to "All" which is btw a terrible overview, because it shows every single episode added recently.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. IFTTT integration

I think you guys have heard of IFTTT.com .
    I believe that a partnership with them would be good for both websites.

Some examples of how I would use the Trakt and IFTTT together:
    New Scrobble / Checkin -> Buffer (bufferapp.com)
    New Scrobble / Checkin -> Evernote
    New Scrobble / Checkin -> Google Calendar
    New Rating -> Evernote
    My Calendar (trakt) -> Google Calendar

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Google+ integration

I hope to see Google+ being integrated more into the site like Twitter and Facebook are.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show "on deck" or first episodes on a show's home page

If I search for a show or otherwise visit the show's main page, it only shows the most recent episodes. Most of the time if I visit that page, it's to mark episodes as watched, but unless I'm only 1 or 2 episodes behind those episodes aren't easily visible. I have to scroll down to seasons and click on the season I want, and scroll down to the episodes I watched.

Instead of "recent episodes", or in addition to that, the show's home page should instead list the episodes that I'm most likely to have just watched. If I haven't…

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If signed in, the first episode will change to “Up next to watch” then followed by 2 recent episodes. This should be a lot better like you said and make each show page more relevant. Update will be out later this week.

In regards to spoilers, please see https://blog.trakt.tv/no-spoilers-9a50a66c434c and I recommend turning on some of those settings which will prevent spoilers on the unwatched episodes.

20. Add % of episodes watched in comments

I find very annoying to look for reviews of a show only to see people have given it a 1/10 after watching just the pilot. So I think it would be nice to display, next to the comments, the % of the series seen (just like, for instance, MyAnimeList does: see https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate/reviews for example). That way we can see that someone who has seen the full series may have a stronger opinion to give.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The watched % is now there in comments! Shows and seasons will have the %, movies and episodes have a play count. It is also a link to view the user’s specific history for that show/season/movie/episode. I agree it is a great help in determining the credibility of a comment.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base