General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide Seasons (or specific episodes) in the Calendar

When you hide a season from your watch next, it still appears on your calendar. If you try and hide it on the calendar, it hides all of the episodes for the show. This would be great for picking up a show partway through a run, or dropping a show if you want to stop watching.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filmaffinity & Rating Websites

It would be great if you could add Filmaffinity ratings to the movie/tvshow pages. I think is one of the most relaiable cinema rating websites.

It would be very interesting if you could compare the ratings with some website which has more influence from the audience outside US.

Also would be good if someone who is not interested in one website ratting in particular could hide it using a "website rating filter" and see only the ones desired.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TVDB DVD Order seasons support

TVDB supports multiple season ordering now. This seems to be screwing up some series. For example
    - Downton Abbey Seasons 2-5
    - Archer season 3

These two examples added a DVD order season with episodes that were considered specials before now in the regular season. But Trakt didn't maintain the same episode IDs. I had checked in to the specials in my watched history, but these new episodes are not watched. Also, episode images are wrong for some of these, specifically Archer.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specials progress in air date order

Currently, special episodes in Watched Progress is shown after all season episodes is completed. Is it possible to use the air date order? Some specials aired in the middle of season...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. better list management

better, easier, faster list management

• manage lists together -> list with all cool tv shows, mark some for me, my girlfriend, which we want look together

• other users can see what items are new on the list

• read the summary and tag it

• better communication when lists change, notifications for "new item added", "item changed by other user", ...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom genres for anime

You previously added some genres based on keywords on trakt. I would like to propose the following to be added to that list, primarily having anime shows in mind:
    - Harem (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2859) (could be handled as romance but shows usually have no "winning" girl)
    - Slice of Life (https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2864) (imho the biggest one since "drama" doesn't fit at all)
    - Mecha (https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2638)
    - Ecchi (https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=tag&tagid=2856) (could be handled as "erotic" to cover regular content too)
    - Romance (TMDB has yet to create this as a genre for TV shows..)
    - Horror (same..)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show more shout/review statistics about the different Trakt users on the shout/review page

Maybe its an idea to show more statistics on shouts and reviews of Trakt users.

For example the total amount of shouts can be shown a Trakt user has made and the total amount of likes for all the shouts someone has received besides the likes on the currently displayed shout or review.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Movie Location & Friends

I've been trying to clean up some movie tickets and I wanted to add the theater names, location, and possible who I was with.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Second Genre Filter on the Rating List and Watchlist

I know there's an advanced VIP filter but it would be great if, in addition, we could search on our rating list or watchlist by two genres.

It's not the same looking for a romantic comedy than an action comedy, a drama about sports or a musical drama, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Additional options for profile boxes

It's very minor, but I think it might be nice to have more options for the boxes on your profile. I marked my ideas per what the boxes currently are on the profiles.

ABOUT BOX
    Featured comment/review of your own choosing.

MOST WATCHED MOVIE
    Random movie from your history. It changes on refresh.
    Featured movie of your own choosing.

MOST WATCHED TV SHOW
    Random TV show from your history. It changes on refresh.
    Featured TV show of your own choosing.

I think little stuff like this makes it a little bit more personal.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. TMDB Episode groups

TMDB went ahead and made episodes groups available in the API. TVDB failed kinda hard with their V2 and has this feature nowhere with an ETA. Would it make sense to implement them anyways based on the corresponding TMDB#? The major issues will most likely be things containing specials but the same already holds true with today's mappings.

https://blog.themoviedb.org/latest-api-updates-3d7ead1ecaf9
    https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/tv-episode-groups/get-tv-episode-group-details

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In collection, but not seen by you or some of your friends

Be able to figure out among friends which movie I have that nobody have seen. (Perfect when you are planing a movie night, and you are able to suggest movies people haven't seen yet)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Australian Free-to-Air EPG metadata

I own the only operator in Australia who owns its own FTA metadata. We won landmark High Court case supporting our methods. You need to use our metadata to integrate into your service and our TV apps would fit nicely.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Facebook share pop pup after FB changes.

Hello :)
    so, i guess FB agress with fake news, but not apps auto post :P
    the movies and shows need a social share zone / buttons to be able for manual share =)

thanks in advance.

Pedro @ Trakt.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fetch hidden/progress_watched for other users

Would it be possible to add an API to fetch the hidden/progress_watched list for other users (respecting privacy settings)? I would like to use this as a proxy for whether the user intends to continue watching the show.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share badges with Achivy.com

I know the badges for Trakt haven't even really launched yet, but at some point it would be really great if they could be shared to Achivy. I imagine this would just be a question of making the badges available via the Trakt API so they integrate them into Achivy, right?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. User contributions

Different from this one: http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3599694-show-statistics-about-users-who-edited-and-added-i

This is for user contributions to be tracked here. Meaning, duplicates reported, errors found, imported movies and shows, etc. On the same, those who contribute and help keep the Trakt database looking better might get some privs or something. When things are found like missing artwork or duplicates, since users cannot do refreshes on their own, they need to report the issue, which helps Trakt and its paid users, and all users.

It seems that a lot of the errors that get into Trakt reply on users to get corrected, so this would just be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Preview comment before publishing

When trying to do "fancier" tricks with Markdown, it's not always clear if the rendered result will match the desired effect. The thing I miss most when writing comments on Trakt compared to places like GitHub is the ability to preview what I've written, as it will appear after posting, before publishing it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Live commenting feature (like soundcloud)

commenting feature that displays user comments of checked in users at the point during the episode that they posted it, like on soundcloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base