General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow changing password

It seems it's not possible to change the password on your trakt.tv account currently (if it is possible and I'm just not seeing it, please point me to the interface for it).

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to CSV

I would find it very helpful to be able to export the shows that I am watching to a spreadsheet. This would make setting up custom RSS feeds with some of the sites I use much simpler.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 24h hour mode instead of am/pm

Maybe this could be added as an option that users can choose between 24h mode or am/pm mode. I think I saw my hours in 24h on the old site, so it was there if I remember well. Just a suggestion, feel free to add it or not.

225 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add movies from watchlist to the Calendar

It would be awesome if i could see in my calendar, when movies I listed in my watchlist are released.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple "seen" statuses for past watches

So there are some episode I seen twice already but I dont want to check in again on every episode? Are there a way to check episodes as "seen" twice? Or mark as seen again when already watched?

If it doesn't exist it would be a grea idea!

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the function that you can see if your friends have seen a movie

For example when the user opens a movie's page they can see if their friends have watched the movie and how much they have rated it . This very useful option was present in the old skin but it's gone now .

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide shows from your calendar

You could click the X button that became visible when hovering over shows in Calendar or Progress to hide shows from that section. Now, with the 2.0, you can't do this and all of the shows that you had hidden before are back there on your progress. That's also a good idea to mark these shows as "dropped". The point is that you should be able to hide these shows somehow without losing your watched episodes.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow your username to be changed

Sometimes, people's interests change. people usually make their username something that they like, so they should have the option (maybe on the user settings page) to change their username to something else!

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update API: search with special characters

When using the API with a show that contains a special character I get an unknown method error.

Foyle's War - searching via the API for 'Foyle's War' or 'Foyle%27s War' (URL encoded) results in the following JSON output:

{

"status": "failure",

"error": "unknown method"

}

Searching for 'Foyle' works and Foyle's war is the first result. Searching for 'Foyles' yields no results.

For H+ the problem is a bit more severe, searching for 'H%2B' or 'H+%2B' gives the same unknown method error, searching for 'H+plus' or 'Hplus' yields no results and searching for 'H' gives one result, a show…

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile website

I know, there are enough mobile apps out there but there are at least as many reasons, why trakt needs a mobile page.
    For example there are a lot more types of mobile devices, that don't have an app for their OS like the sony PSP or the old mobile phones
    and also the newer devices don't support the new software anymore, like iPod touch 3G that can't go higher than iOS 5 and so new apps won't be able to be installed. i use the trakt web interface on my ipod but it is very slow but with a…

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Post credits scene flag

Alongside the "IMDb" "TMDb" and wiki links, a link to the movie for it's "After the credits" link, or even a widget for the movie that flags if it's positive for an after the credits scene.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Movie will indicate if there are during or after credits scenes. We look for the duringcreditsstinger and aftercreditsstinger tags from TMDB.

We’re also working on a way to have it play the scene from YouTube in a video popup. For now, it will launch a search on YouTube to find the scene.

12. Extend changing watched date on tv shows and seasons

Now you can change watched date for movie or episode, but if you have watched whole tv show long time ago you need to change watched date for each episode manually. So it'd be really cool to have ability to change watched date for whole tv show / season.

188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mark an episode/movie multiple times as seen (even after checkin)

I would love some more options for the "seen" (or check in) button.

1. "Watched previously" should also be available AFTER you've already marked it as seen or you've already checked in.

2. It should be possible to mark an episode/movie more than once as seen.

3. The "mark as seen" button should give you the option to select a date/time or just set it to "unsure/uncertain".

4. Changing the dates/times of seen and checked in episodes should be possible. Scrobbles shouldn't be possible to change.

Why I want this:
    I often check in to or scrobble a movie/episode I've watched in the past.…

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A page with all the episodes of a show

It would be nice to have, for each show, a page containing all the episodes of that show.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "What to watch next" roulette.

"What to watch next" roulette.
    A feature that picks something at random from your watchlist. This would be great as I have A LOT of movies to watch and have trouble deciding which to watch. Sort of like "shuffle" with songs except it's with items in your watchlist.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Specify the timestamp for seen status

Scrobbles and checkins are auto timestamped. Seen status, however, just timestamps when you clicked the button. This update would allow you to specify the date/time when you watched something in the past. This would extend to the API as well so media centers can sync with the exact timestamps too.

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now specify a timestamp for when you watched something in the past! Check out these articles for a full explanation.

http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/242643-how-do-i-check-into-a-movie-
    http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/242658-how-do-i-check-into-a-show-

The API has also been updated. You can send a last_played timestamp as indicated in the docs.

http://trakt.tv/api-docs/movie-seen
    http://trakt.tv/api-docs/show-episode-seen

17. TV show season ratings

Ability to rate a show's seasons (or -optionally- have them automatically calculated from episode average rating), -optionally- automatically rate the show based on season average rating.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Separate genre (or sub-genre) for Anime distinct from "Animation"

I'm a huge fan of Western Animation (eg. The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Gravity Falls) but have no interest at all in Anime. It's annoying to have them all lumped together under such a generic label as "Animation" when they're such different genres.

I'm sure Anime fans feel much the same when trying to find new shows and having them all mixed in together. It just creates a bunch of useless recommendations and makes it harder to search for stuff I actually like.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new Anime genre is now added. Anything tagged on TMDB as anime will use the Anime genre instead of the Animation genre. Items will need to be refreshed and will start updating their genre in the coming weeks.

19. Movies watch count

I cannot see how many times I've watch a movie. It only shows the last time watched.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unhide shows on calendar

You can hide on the calendar by clicking the Ø on a calendar item. But how can you unhide them later? Will there be a page for hidden items?

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base