General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us choose if we saw the 'regular version' or the Director's Cut of a movie.

There are movies where the Directors Cut signifcantly changes the movie. Sometimes I saw both versions, sometimes only the DC. I'd like to add which one I saw.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grouping movies into sets for your collection and list's

Sort your movies into sets for better organization. Movies sets are for sequels or movies that are otherwise apart of a directly related series.

Kodi does it here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. private profile public list

I have a private profile, but would like to make one of my lists public.

At the moment this doesn't seem to be possible. (Searches for the name of the list, already set to Public, does not return any results. If I go directly to the link of the list when logged out, what shows up is a message that the user is private, and not the public list.)

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import Blu-ray collection from Blu-ray.com

It would be great to allow the ability import our Blu-ray collections from Blu-ray.com. on Blu-ray.com each user has a profile collection page. This would save us adding every movie separately to our Trakt movie collection.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide list icon when inside that list

The icon for lists is always blue for every movies when viewing a list (duh!) so it could be interesting to color only the icon of the movies who are in other lists than the one we're in

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lock lists

Allowing lists to be "locked". So a movie can't be added or removed from the film page. It can be annoying when a list is "complete" (ex. a film festival or the Top X from year Y) and by mistake I add a movie who has nothing to do in this list because I clicked the wrong one. It hold no sense to propose me to add the movie to a list when the list is "locked" or "finished"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Button report

I believe that a button for reporting erroneous duplicate or registered titles would be good! For I have seen several series registered as movies and personal giving checkin anyway. And with the button would be easier to report, rather than being created topic here.

365 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  6 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add setting option to disallow marking episodes/movies as watched multiple times

I've been using Trakt for a little while and find it super cool. There are many plugins and it really helped me to automate the tracking of what I've watched.

But I personally don't care about the number of times I have watched a given tv show episode/movie (nor even the when). The only thing that matters to me is to know whether I've seen something.

It actually bugs me a lot to see something like "8,332 episodes (8,334 plays of 97 shows)"

Some time ago I synced a Plex server with Trakt and it marked everyhting as watched again.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Actor & Crew for TV shows on season or episode level

Via TMDB I can enter actors and crew on season and episode level. Via trakt I can only see the actors from the latest season.

This means that I cannot search on actors / crew that has participated to an episode or season of a TV show (except if they participated in the latest season).

This is inaccurate. For example: You have a TV show with a main character during 9 of the 10 seasons. Because the main character is replaced during the latest season, this actor is not displayed via Trakt (because Trakt only displays actors from the latest…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Follow a List

Would be nice, if there a way to follow a User List or import the list to the watchlist.

Sometimes we see great lists... but always need to return to the list to see non-watched movies, etc...

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "where" and "with" fields

It would be nice to be able to indicate where and with who has been seen a particular movie/episode. In particular:

[1] Every "watch date" should have its "where" and "with".
    [2] In the "where" field I can write what I want.
    [3] In the "with" field I can write what I want or add a trakt user.
    [4] If in the "where" field I enter "Sunshine Cinema", this place is automatically saved in a specific "Places" page, in which I can add/delete/edit all the places.
    [5] The places in the "Places" page are automatically suggested when I set the…

449 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import movies/shows from another account

Add the ability to import in your account history, from another account on trakt, the selected movies/shows/episodes with the same watch date and the same votes.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Movie language matching with "original title"

After coming by this too often:
    Please rely on the original title language from TMDB only as a fallback. It's wrong on tons of foreign movies due to the fact that the field was added just over a year ago.

I would take the language field as the default and only if multiple languages are found do a comparison with the "original title". Wouldn't hurt to display all of them anyways though ;).

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. International Movie Release Dates

Though "My Movies" calendar is a great feature I can't make full use of it because not every film is released in the US and internationally on the same day. Now comes the hard part, because I don't know if you can do this, but it would be great and very useful if we could choose which country's release date we want to appear on the calendar, that way we would always know when we can actually go see the movie (anywhere and everywhere).

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow unknown watching date

i'm a Trakt noob. when my favorite iPhone app completely shifted over to using Trakt for their backend, i had to create a Trakt account if i wanted to continue using it. so i did.

recently i learned that the Trakt website lets you also track Movie's & such too (yes, i had not visited the actual website until recently); so i began to explore the site & thought i'd start filling in what i've seen & wanna see etc.

i was astonished to find that i could NOT add any movies to the "History" & "Collection" areas without providing…

1,093 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Trash" for recently removed plays

Having just had an app delete an old play from last year when I thought I was adding a new one, I see a need for a "trash" where old plays go when removed for some time (14 days? 30?) before being permanently removed from the database. Often I can extrapolate the time of an accidentally removed play from surrounding episodes of the same show, but in this case that isn't possible.

I don't know if it's worth adding to the API, though.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. View ended shows in a list

It's nice that there is a way to hide ended shows but it would be nice if there was also a way to view only ended shows in a list.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to see who liked my personal lists

It would be nice to see who liked my personal lists.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rss Feed For Recomendations

It would be nice to add an RSS feed for Recommendations so that could be integrated with ifttt.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base