General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar item - additional link to redirect directly to it's homepage

Hi!

Could you please add link to items on the calendar grid, so that it redirects you directly to hompage of of TV series instead of to the specific episode?

Maybe make it so, that clicking on the item's image redirects you to homepage and clicking on the text below the item (for instance "s01e01 blabla") stays the same - redirects you to specific episode webpage.

If this contradicts majority of users, please consider making it as an option.

Peter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. user created polling/voting

allow users to create various polls for shows/seasons/episodes, and actors.

example:
    Who will die next (game of thrones)
    which character is the funniest/smartest/hottest?
    Will Team Rocket sucessfully steal Pikachu next episode?
    will next season reveal that x character is dead or alive?
    do you like the replacement actor, for character x? yes/no

I think these polls would create more user interaction.
    and the more popular polls would be shifted towards the top of the page for easier access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grouping movies into sets for your collection and list's

Sort your movies into sets for better organization. Movies sets are for sequels or movies that are otherwise apart of a directly related series.

Kodi does it here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profile page top

The top of the profile page, just under the top toolbar, is very large. On some displays, this is so large it takes up nearly the whole screen and what it displays is mostly useless. Either eliminating it, shrinking it, or having it customization by the user would be great. This is referenced as viewed from a laptop screen at 1280x768, the top portion takes up 3/4 of the screen.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Making groups for sharing Ratings, Collections, Comments etc

Hi,

My idea in general is to add an option for making public/private groups. On these groups there we will be this features:
    - Share each member's rating, see the average rating between all the members and compare it to the general ratings.
    - Share statistics.
    - Private discussion for each movie/tv show, only between the members.
    - Share recommendations.
    - See each member collection.
    - See "people watching now" only from the member of the group.
    etc...

Thanks.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make hovering on ❤ enough to open the voting menu ♡♡♥ without needing to click

Hovering on a title heart you get an alt "rate this" but you need an extra click to open the rating menu.

e.g. from https://trakt.tv/users/bhand35/lists/documentary
    http://i.imgur.com/dW2KsWb.png

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Number of episodes slider

When you search there are sliders on tv shows for episode runtime, year of release and rating. I think a slider for number of episodes would also be nice (this might be hard because of shows getting new episodes all the time and reorder the shows, so I don't know about this one)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filters & Sorting Order

I have some things to say about in this topic:

- Can you remove "People" type filter in watchlists, since you can't add nobody to it?
    - Can you add a filter (hide/fade) to watchlisted items in other lists?
    - Can you add a sort direction button to other sections too? Like, for example, collection, history, rating and progress. If you do this you can remove some sort orders from ratings and progress, since there are opposite ones.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter idea and a serach bar in within rating/collection section

When in your ratings page, instead of fading your lets say collected movies they should just disappear completely and only show the once that you haven't collected ... A mini search bar within your ratings and collection page would also be really helpful in quickly finding out if you have rated or collected a curtain movie/show.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. View ended shows in a list

It's nice that there is a way to hide ended shows but it would be nice if there was also a way to view only ended shows in a list.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. People's Pages - Show's Years

I would like to see one thing added to people's pages.

If they worked in a show, I think that description could have year wich started, and wich ended (if available). For example: 2008 - 2013

Also, in show's summary pages, this was available, did you remove it? Will you put it again?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add setting option to disallow marking episodes/movies as watched multiple times

I've been using Trakt for a little while and find it super cool. There are many plugins and it really helped me to automate the tracking of what I've watched.

But I personally don't care about the number of times I have watched a given tv show episode/movie (nor even the when). The only thing that matters to me is to know whether I've seen something.

It actually bugs me a lot to see something like "8,332 episodes (8,334 plays of 97 shows)"

Some time ago I synced a Plex server with Trakt and it marked everyhting as watched again.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add reviews for an episode

I like to read reviews from The A.V Club and/or IGN of an episode after I watched it. So I would like to know if it's possible to add links to the reviews of the episode because I know it might be difficult to acquire the reviews automatically and not all shows have reviews but it would be a cool feature if it was available thank you.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group episodes in season dumps in calendar

Netflix and other platforms are starting to premiere seasons all at once, making the calendar (I have the grid view) really long. I think that if 3 or more episodes premiere on the same day you should do like a stack, saying that season X premieres, or that episodes 14 to 26 premiere or something like that.

So you get an idea of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/Cao7wOJ.jpg

Thank you :)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share stats

Hi,
    It would be nice to add a button to share our statistics (watched movies and watched TV shows) on Twitter/Facebook.
    Thank you.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trending and friends by location

Would be nice to be able to filter the trending movies and shows by location (country,region,city), and also to find friends nearby

i live in italy and i have no idea how many people use trakt.

another thing could be importing imdb trending.. (maybe you already do that), and box office data

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Anticipated TV shows (add trailer icon)

Hi,

Thanks for having updated the anticipated items with Network and start date.
    I think if there is a trailer associated to the show it would be great to see it with a little icon. It does not necessarily need to be a video link to the trailer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide an option between the default grid view and a simplified list view for your history

I want to be able to see all the shows/movies I've watched, at a glance, in a simple vertical list, rather than in a large grid. The vertical list should be sortable by title, date started, date completed, number of episodes watched, etc.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Plot Keywords. User can thumbs up if agree. Info taken from www.themoviedb.org

On TV Show/ Movie information pages you can add a list of Plot Keywords. For Example: post-apocalyptic , superhero , future .
    This information should be available from www.themoviedb.org

I would think it would be cool to also add a user thumbs up for each keyword on the info page. So the users can decide which keywords fit the best from themoviedb list. You can then show the more favored ones differently then less thumbed up ones.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Users can add recommendations on a movie/show page -along with a comment-

Like the way MyAnimeList.net does. people can post recommendations and appear in the movie/serie page like the comments does.. the recommendations with more likes show up first.

this can replace the actual recommendations system, which, obviously suck.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base