General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TV & MOVIES : RATING CAST !

sometimes we fall in love with character in show average or below even so it would be great to rate charcter in the show for his performance , for example :
    Eva Green from penny dreadful ,
    Zach McGowan from black sails
    Bobby Cannavale from boardwalk empire .. etc

so all of asking is every show and movie has a cast and we can rate their character in this specific show ...

sorry for my bad English ...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make hovering on ❤ enough to open the voting menu ♡♡♥ without needing to click

Hovering on a title heart you get an alt "rate this" but you need an extra click to open the rating menu.

e.g. from https://trakt.tv/users/bhand35/lists/documentary
    http://i.imgur.com/dW2KsWb.png

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Number of episodes slider

When you search there are sliders on tv shows for episode runtime, year of release and rating. I think a slider for number of episodes would also be nice (this might be hard because of shows getting new episodes all the time and reorder the shows, so I don't know about this one)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show a chart of the ratings per episode for every season/entire series so that you can see if the show getts better/getts worse.

It would be cool so see that the first season of a show is better then the last one. Maybe you saw the last episode aired on your tv, thought is had a reasonably interesting concept, but not good enough to want too keep watching. Then you could see if the first season got different ratings and realize; "Maybe it's worth watching after all!"

I think a graph would give it a better look, and make it easier to understand and read.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filters & Sorting Order

I have some things to say about in this topic:

- Can you remove "People" type filter in watchlists, since you can't add nobody to it?
    - Can you add a filter (hide/fade) to watchlisted items in other lists?
    - Can you add a sort direction button to other sections too? Like, for example, collection, history, rating and progress. If you do this you can remove some sort orders from ratings and progress, since there are opposite ones.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter idea and a serach bar in within rating/collection section

When in your ratings page, instead of fading your lets say collected movies they should just disappear completely and only show the once that you haven't collected ... A mini search bar within your ratings and collection page would also be really helpful in quickly finding out if you have rated or collected a curtain movie/show.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View ended shows in a list

It's nice that there is a way to hide ended shows but it would be nice if there was also a way to view only ended shows in a list.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. People's Pages - Show's Years

I would like to see one thing added to people's pages.

If they worked in a show, I think that description could have year wich started, and wich ended (if available). For example: 2008 - 2013

Also, in show's summary pages, this was available, did you remove it? Will you put it again?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Trash" for recently removed plays

Having just had an app delete an old play from last year when I thought I was adding a new one, I see a need for a "trash" where old plays go when removed for some time (14 days? 30?) before being permanently removed from the database. Often I can extrapolate the time of an accidentally removed play from surrounding episodes of the same show, but in this case that isn't possible.

I don't know if it's worth adding to the API, though.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add setting option to disallow marking episodes/movies as watched multiple times

I've been using Trakt for a little while and find it super cool. There are many plugins and it really helped me to automate the tracking of what I've watched.

But I personally don't care about the number of times I have watched a given tv show episode/movie (nor even the when). The only thing that matters to me is to know whether I've seen something.

It actually bugs me a lot to see something like "8,332 episodes (8,334 plays of 97 shows)"

Some time ago I synced a Plex server with Trakt and it marked everyhting as watched again.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to choose episode order (aired or dvd)

It probably doesn't effect a lot of series but there are a few where the dvd episode order is different to the order when they were first aired (Firefly is a prime example).

It would be nice to be able to choose which order I prefer (tvdb has both)

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add reviews for an episode

I like to read reviews from The A.V Club and/or IGN of an episode after I watched it. So I would like to know if it's possible to add links to the reviews of the episode because I know it might be difficult to acquire the reviews automatically and not all shows have reviews but it would be a cool feature if it was available thank you.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group episodes in season dumps in calendar

Netflix and other platforms are starting to premiere seasons all at once, making the calendar (I have the grid view) really long. I think that if 3 or more episodes premiere on the same day you should do like a stack, saying that season X premieres, or that episodes 14 to 26 premiere or something like that.

So you get an idea of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/Cao7wOJ.jpg

Thank you :)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share stats

Hi,
    It would be nice to add a button to share our statistics (watched movies and watched TV shows) on Twitter/Facebook.
    Thank you.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trending and friends by location

Would be nice to be able to filter the trending movies and shows by location (country,region,city), and also to find friends nearby

i live in italy and i have no idea how many people use trakt.

another thing could be importing imdb trending.. (maybe you already do that), and box office data

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Anticipated TV shows (add trailer icon)

Hi,

Thanks for having updated the anticipated items with Network and start date.
    I think if there is a trailer associated to the show it would be great to see it with a little icon. It does not necessarily need to be a video link to the trailer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Web App / Offline Support

Today browsers are getting more and more features to really feel like normal apps.
    One of the really exciting new features are Service Workers. They basically allow the caching of content locally which means that the website can even be opened without an internet connection (and loading the website in general would be faster and save bandwidth).
    Along with some other features (like Push Notifications) the trakt.tv website could feel like a normal application.

I guess it would be good to go in this direction because it's easier to enhance the website instead of writing 2 completely new native Android…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide an option between the default grid view and a simplified list view for your history

I want to be able to see all the shows/movies I've watched, at a glance, in a simple vertical list, rather than in a large grid. The vertical list should be sortable by title, date started, date completed, number of episodes watched, etc.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Plot Keywords. User can thumbs up if agree. Info taken from www.themoviedb.org

On TV Show/ Movie information pages you can add a list of Plot Keywords. For Example: post-apocalyptic , superhero , future .
    This information should be available from www.themoviedb.org

I would think it would be cool to also add a user thumbs up for each keyword on the info page. So the users can decide which keywords fit the best from themoviedb list. You can then show the more favored ones differently then less thumbed up ones.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Users can add recommendations on a movie/show page -along with a comment-

Like the way MyAnimeList.net does. people can post recommendations and appear in the movie/serie page like the comments does.. the recommendations with more likes show up first.

this can replace the actual recommendations system, which, obviously suck.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base