General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share rating on facebook

Right now we can choose in share options if we want the rating published on social networks.
    It would be great if we could decide, in the moment we rate, if that rating will be posted or not.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show awards (and maybe nominations) on films / shows / profiles

It could for example be shown by a logo associated with the "competition" in color when won and in gray-scale when only nominated. A caption would be shown with the details (best actor, etc) when hovering. The logo would be on the film or show when on a profile, with a count at the top of the page. When on a film/show it would be either at the top when for the whole show or on specific actor/season.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Privacy problem with "follows"

When someone with a private profile follows you their recent activity is included in the email notification. Since it's hidden elsewhere it's probably not intended.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. standalone movie or Sherlock special or both ?

Justin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented · December 16, 2016 19:17
    I fixe the 1st and 3rd, need to figure out the sherlock one since it has so many plays on it. It's somewhat of a "special" case since its not a normal episode of the show and does truly seem like a standalone movie.

https://trakt.tv/movies/sherlock-the-abominable-bride-2016
    https://trakt.tv/shows/sherlock/seasons/0/episodes/9
    (Sherlock: Specials _ Special 9 The Abominable Bride)

Wikipédia :

"Special (2016)
    On 2 July 2014, it was announced there would be a special episode broadcast between the third and fourth series.
    Moffat confirmed the episode is set in Victorian London, saying, "The…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Keeping as both for now. It’s weird since this is actually a movie so I think it makes sense there. TVDB allows movies to be added as specials under the show which is why it is there too.

We’ll have to figure out a set of “rules” in the future for this type of scenario.

5. Summary number details

Not sure if they're still on the map but the summary numbers are now one of the last things missing from their counterpart on trakt V1 (watched, ratings, collected, plays, etc.). Any plans to make them browseable? It would be a welcome addition even if it is cached (to extend on the social part).
    I can imagine this to be problematic for the popular items with multiple thousands but maybe this can be limited to a X number of recent people or have a pagination. A breakdown of the ratings would also be great.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create parent shows

It would be great to have a parent show that includes all seasons and episodes of its children shows.

For example a CSI parent show that would have all episodes for CSI Las Vegas, Miami and New York under one chronological list. I see all theses shows as one and would like to know what the next chronological episode is, and how many episodes are left in the group. Other examples would be NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS NO, and The CW D.C., Arrow, Flash Super Gil, Etc.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Making network groups

Making network groups for sharing Ratings, Collections, Comments etc

My idea in general is to add an option for making public/private groups. On these groups there we will be this features:
    - Share each member's rating, see the average rating between all the members and compare it to the general ratings.
    - Share statistics.
    - Private discussion for each movie/tv show, only between the members.
    - Share recommendations.
    - See each member collection.
    - See "people watching now" only from the member of the group.
    etc...
    * Join members, Admin could confirm new members

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lists Intersections

Hello,
    I would find it very useful if I could hide shows/movies which are (or are not) on other of my lists.
    For example, I have an "Oscar Race" list with all of the contenders for the Oscars 2017, and once the nominations are announced I could quickly check which ones did or didn't make the cut, just by choosing to hide the ones which were on the actual "Oscars 2017" list.
    This would also be helpful for someone who has lists based on mood, and could see in the "Feel-good" list which are also on the "Network Television" list…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Futurama wrong episode pictures

The Movie Database has the episodes listed in a different order to here, so all the episode pictures from season two onwards are wrong. The episode descriptions and titles seem to be correct, though.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option to sort the watchlist by adding an extra word to the URL

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add YouTube video links to episodes

A good amount of shows have canonical versions of their episodes uploaded on YouTube.

It'd be useful if there was a way to "link" episodes with those specific YouTube videos.

This unique video ID (the part after /watch?v=) would ideally be exposed through the backend for API clients. As for the website, instead of embedding the video, a simple link would be fine since I don't think you guys are interested in turning Trakt into a viewing platform.

The reason I'm interested in this is, it's always been a hassle to keep track of your subscriptions and the content you…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort shows by number of episodes left in current season

I would like to not only be able to sort shows by remaining runtime or total number of episodes left, but also by how many episodes remain in the season I can currently watching.

For instance, if I just watched Arrow Season 2, Episode 21, and last night I watched Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 15, it would be nice to sort by "episodes remaining in current season" to see that I only have 1 episode of Walking Dead left vs. 2 episodes of Arrow left, so I could finish one season of one show tonight.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Suggestion : Hide/Show option on tv show main page

Hi,

The idea would be to have two options on each tv show main page to see and handle the "Hide/Display" options for this show (in Calendar or progress page)

Just a thought, I think it would be nice.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar - Hide Watchlist

This idea was declined in November 2013 as "Not planned right now" so 3 years later maybe it could pass ?

http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3575835-calendar-hide-watchlist

Every time I add a TV Show on my watchlist I have to add it to my calendar's hidden items.

But I could understand why this idea isn't approved : Movies watchlisted have their importance in the calendar.

So why not only allow to hide Watchlisted Tv Shows from Calendar ? We can currently hide special episodes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Group list items by genre or year or other fields

Hi Justin,

I love the genre filters in collections and history, would be nice if there was like a submenu in Hide button for genres, if possible.

If not, it would be great (if possible) to add an option to group a list items by their type (tv/movie) or genre or year... etc, in the same way that history/collection item are grouped by days, using the separators.

Would be really helpful with mixed lists and watchlists. Please and thank you.

(also would be great if the sort options apply to each group's items, but I'm trying to not be greedy

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wanted (in collection) / Wishlist

As many of us are indeed collectors, also focusing on collection automation within trakt.tv, people may want to differentiate further between stuff they like to watch (Watchlist) and what they actually like to collect (Wishlist - as seen and implemented in apps such as Movist)

Having a separate smart Wishlist, which is updated automatically as soon as items getting collected, may give us the best of two worlds, in addition reducing the management impact of the given Watchlist especially when it comes to bigger collections.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. alexa

There's a great deal of interest in controlling Kodi and apps like it using Alexa, however to make that work, the app needs a remote server that can connect to Alexa's cloud servers. At present, the only way to set this up is using an elaborate server system, like this: http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/

It seems to me that Trakt already has almost all the tools to make this work without needing an elaborate setup. You have the library of the Kodi user. You have a connection from Kodi to the internet. What you still need is a way to send commands to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Media Centers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Same display/sort options for all pages

Can we please have the same display/sort options for all pages??

A few examples of what I mean.

- Be able to view a personal list by "last watched"

- On the main page lists Trending/Popular/Played etc. Be able to hide as well as fade

- after searching be able to use the filters to sort by most popular/Plays/date etc.

- be able to reverse the sorting of all sort options, ie. Progress page cannot have "recently watched" reversed. Which would be great to see what I haven't watched for a while...

Basically, it would be great if the filtering…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort by air date of next episode

It would be cool to have, in the Watched Progress & On Deck, the option to sort by "Next episode to air", so that one can easily see which series needs to be caught up on the fastest.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show how movies or tv shows a list contains

Hi,
    On the lists search page, could you please add this ?
    http://tinyurl.com/hplhu94

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base