General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow other lists to automatically remove item when watched

Allow the option for other lists to act like the watchlist and automatically remove items when you mark them as watched

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share TV Episode only if the Show is active

Right now I don't share TV Episode on twitter because i don't want to spam my followers,
    but for series that are active (by that i mean, it's currently releasing one episode of a season each week)
    Because of the delay between episodes, i wouldn't spam my followers and the show is airing so it's great to share that you saw the last episode released.
    I think for the last episode of the season you could make it so the Show is considered active until one week after the last airing of the show.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. progressive web app

progressive web app is much better
    Push notifications
    Full Screen
    Offline working
    Splash screen is supported give it a app feel

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Easier add to list functionality

The list section is great, but lacking a quicker way to add films. An option in the UI at the top of the screen allowing checkboxes to add in bulk to a list would be very beneficial in building quick lists.

I am currently trying to find a quicker way of reviewing my films I have seen and building lists for friends as must-watch films, but to add 300 or so movies is very laborious.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shows reappearing in Watchlist. Delete all button needed for the watchlist.

Every show in watchlist (260) are reappearing after being deleted. It’s too many and takes too much time to delete them one by one.

Watchlist NEEDS a delete all buttons. Not everyone is capable of performing scripts to mass delete items on a page via a browser console.

I’ve disabled any apps that were syncing with the watchlist. Please fix it!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ratings Hide Watched/Unwatched

To help find item i have rated but not watched could you add the option to hide Watched/Unwatched items in the Ratings page. like in the history page you can hide rated items to find items you have watched but not rated.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Up Next To Watch: use a list as a queue

Hi

I have a suggestion for the dashboard, a new section or an option to choose between my watching progress or a custom ranked list that would function as a queue of sorts.

Obviously this is going to be a little tricky to implement because of the different types of items (movies, shows, seasons, episodes) but it would be very helpful not just as a queue but also as a tool to track the watching order of some shows. For example, I could close the X-Files Essential Episodes and have the first 6 items of that list show up in…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whats Music in that Movie/Show or Episode of Show (Soundtrack)

Have informations about the soudtrack of the Movie/Show/Episode is very cool

Maybe a integration with https://www.tunefind.com/ or http://www.what-song.com/

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Christmas Genre

Is it possible to have a genre for Christmas movies?

Thanks,
    Arcreactor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'd like to be able to ignore users

There are certain individuals writing WOTs for the lamest of episodes imaginable without saying much on a regular basis, or people deliberately spamming the comment section with multiple (different) >1k character comments (but 0-1min timestamp differences).

I'd like to set a user to be ignored to not see his/her reviews and shouts (or replies). It's greatly annoying to see that a recent episode has like 6-9 comments in total whereas 4-6 are from the same person upon expanding the comment section.
    Or see yet another review talking hot air about redundant, petty things for thousands of characters, pretty much without…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change modal windows behavior

It would be nice clicking on the modal “backdrop” to automatically close the modal. Currently modals can be closed only with the [ x ] close link in upper right corner of the modals.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Limit lists items in view

It would be nice to limit the number of movies/tv show items that are being loaded to the DOM. When viewing LISTS that contain extensive number of items, it can be resource heavy and take a duration to load. It might be ideal to have a limit of, example 100 (or custom), and have a next page icon to the remaining items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dismiss Inbox/Notices on all devices

Currently, whenever I get a new notification from Trakt I can interact with it and then dismiss it with the 🚫 icon. The issue that I have is that If I log onto multiple devices I have to dismiss it on each device individually, even though I have already seen it.

It would be nice if I could dismiss the notice once and have it removed from everywhere.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Redbox

Could you please add http://www.redbox.com as a watchnow source?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hoopla as a watch now source

There is a library based streaming site that if your local public library supports it you sign in with your library card and are able to check out a few movies or tv shows a month. I believe that this may be a good watch now source because it is free and is supported by public libraries.

https://www.hoopladigital.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a Simplified Tracking Option

There should be an option in the settings menu that allows users to choose the tracking level they desire (for example, a dropdown list called "Tracking Level" with the options "basic", "standard" and "data nerd").

When a user sets their level to basic, they will not be required to record watch dates and can view their lists without any indication of the watch date. This will essentially simplify tracking to a watchlist, watched history, collected and rated. The only date visible could be a "date added" which simply indicates when you added it to a list in Trakt.

Reason for…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reformat Mobile Pages

Hello Trakt.tv team,

I have had my Trakt.tv Progress page bookmarked to my home screen on my Android phone for well over a year now. It's so functional that I see no reason for an app, and I thank you sincerely for that. However there is one small but very relevant detail that I personally feel would make your mobile site much more comprehensible; that is having the show info displayed under the episode's visual aid/screenshot, as opposed to the info displaying above as it presently does.

Here you can see that on the mobile site the episode info is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to "lock" seasons

It would be good if seasons can be "locked" per-say but only after a set amount of time has passed when an episode has not been added.

This stops people from adding Specials or OVA's to the main season and messing up multiple trackers out there like Sonarr.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar: A new style suggestion

Ever since the upgrade to TRAKT2.0 I have been missing one of the calendar styles that I loved in the old site, I can't remember what it was called exactly but it had just the right amount of info and the right amount of space usage that it fit perfectly with the huge amount of stuff I watch weekly.

So I made a custom CSS to one of the available styles to mimic that feel, and i've been using it for about *looks at the calendar* 14 months now, and it's working juuust fine (I actually can't remember how it…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Divide the watchlist in pages

The watchlist is just one page and with around 800 films let's say I could watch all those films before the page loads.

Why can't the watchlist have pages? Like 100 items in the 1st page, 100 on the 2nd and so on.

I had to create custom lists to serve as "new" watchlist because the watchlist is unusable. Yes I can hide tv shows or movies but the page is so heavy that my browser often crashes before it loads. And with around 800 films just hiding the tv show doesn't make the page lighter.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base