General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt.tv?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add YouTube video links to episodes

A good amount of shows have canonical versions of their episodes uploaded on YouTube.

It'd be useful if there was a way to "link" episodes with those specific YouTube videos.

This unique video ID (the part after /watch?v=) would ideally be exposed through the backend for API clients. As for the website, instead of embedding the video, a simple link would be fine since I don't think you guys are interested in turning Trakt into a viewing platform.

The reason I'm interested in this is, it's always been a hassle to keep track of your subscriptions and the content you…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow unknown watching date

i'm a Trakt noob. when my favorite iPhone app completely shifted over to using Trakt for their backend, i had to create a Trakt account if i wanted to continue using it. so i did.

recently i learned that the Trakt website lets you also track Movie's & such too (yes, i had not visited the actual website until recently); so i began to explore the site & thought i'd start filling in what i've seen & wanna see etc.

i was astonished to find that i could NOT add any movies to the "History" & "Collection" areas without providing…

940 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Your points make sense, but as before this is still not something we plan on supporting. I’ll move this to researching, but I don’t anticipate changing this in the near term.

• Button report

I believe that a button for reporting erroneous duplicate or registered titles would be good! For I have seen several series registered as movies and personal giving checkin anyway. And with the button would be easier to report, rather than being created topic here.

313 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Most Watched boxes customizable

During my childhood I watched many animes such as Dragon Ball Z.
          If I check-in the seasons the TV Show becomes my most watched TV Show by far.
          Therefore this will never change since it has over 200 episodes and no new TV Shows today will have that much (I think)
          I would like to be able to add this TV Show in my watched list but don't think having it as my most watched TV show is really relevant.
          This applies for movies too.

Suggestions

- Allow in settings profile section to choose if Most Watched boxes should refer…

20 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Sort shows by number of episodes left in current season

I would like to not only be able to sort shows by remaining runtime or total number of episodes left, but also by how many episodes remain in the season I can currently watching.

For instance, if I just watched Arrow Season 2, Episode 21, and last night I watched Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 15, it would be nice to sort by "episodes remaining in current season" to see that I only have 1 episode of Walking Dead left vs. 2 episodes of Arrow left, so I could finish one season of one show tonight.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Suggestion : Hide/Show option on tv show main page

Hi,

The idea would be to have two options on each tv show main page to see and handle the "Hide/Display" options for this show (in Calendar or progress page)

Just a thought, I think it would be nice.

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Calendar - Hide Watchlist

This idea was declined in November 2013 as "Not planned right now" so 3 years later maybe it could pass ?

http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3575835-calendar-hide-watchlist

Every time I add a TV Show on my watchlist I have to add it to my calendar's hidden items.

But I could understand why this idea isn't approved : Movies watchlisted have their importance in the calendar.

So why not only allow to hide Watchlisted Tv Shows from Calendar ? We can currently hide special episodes.

10 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Group list items by genre or year or other fields

Hi Justin,

I love the genre filters in collections and history, would be nice if there was like a submenu in Hide button for genres, if possible.

If not, it would be great (if possible) to add an option to group a list items by their type (tv/movie) or genre or year... etc, in the same way that history/collection item are grouped by days, using the separators.

Would be really helpful with mixed lists and watchlists. Please and thank you.

(also would be great if the sort options apply to each group's items, but I'm trying to not be greedy

2 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Wanted (in collection) / Wishlist

As many of us are indeed collectors, also focusing on collection automation within trakt.tv, people may want to differentiate further between stuff they like to watch (Watchlist) and what they actually like to collect (Wishlist - as seen and implemented in apps such as Movist)

Having a separate smart Wishlist, which is updated automatically as soon as items getting collected, may give us the best of two worlds, in addition reducing the management impact of the given Watchlist especially when it comes to bigger collections.

24 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • alexa

There's a great deal of interest in controlling Kodi and apps like it using Alexa, however to make that work, the app needs a remote server that can connect to Alexa's cloud servers. At present, the only way to set this up is using an elaborate server system, like this: http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/

It seems to me that Trakt already has almost all the tools to make this work without needing an elaborate setup. You have the library of the Kodi user. You have a connection from Kodi to the internet. What you still need is a way to send commands to…

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Media Centers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add "where" and "with" fields

It would be nice to be able to indicate where and with who has been seen a particular movie/episode. In particular:

[1] Every "watch date" should have its "where" and "with".
                        [2] In the "where" field I can write what I want.
                        [3] In the "with" field I can write what I want or add a trakt user.
                        [4] If in the "where" field I enter "Sunshine Cinema", this place is automatically saved in a specific "Places" page, in which I can add/delete/edit all the places.
                        [5] The places in the "Places" page are automatically suggested when I set the…

437 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Same display/sort options for all pages

Can we please have the same display/sort options for all pages??

A few examples of what I mean.

- Be able to view a personal list by "last watched"

- On the main page lists Trending/Popular/Played etc. Be able to hide as well as fade

- after searching be able to use the filters to sort by most popular/Plays/date etc.

- be able to reverse the sorting of all sort options, ie. Progress page cannot have "recently watched" reversed. Which would be great to see what I haven't watched for a while...

Basically, it would be great if the filtering…

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

Hi

Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

This would help

Thaks

10 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Sort by air date of next episode

It would be cool to have, in the Watched Progress & On Deck, the option to sort by "Next episode to air", so that one can easily see which series needs to be caught up on the fastest.

20 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Show how movies or tv shows a list contains

Hi,
                                On the lists search page, could you please add this ?
                                http://tinyurl.com/hplhu94

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Network activity - show friend's rating of item

Hi,

Network Activity panel on dashboard should show rating of item, that my friend watched/collected (of course his rating and only when item was rated).

It shouldn't be major change, but when I see that my friend watched movie, I would like to know his rating without visiting his (or movie) page.

I guess it could be mentioned by someone somewhere, but I can't find it, so I've decided to post it as new idea (if it's duplicate - sorry)

franiis
                                  Piotrek

74 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Recently Viewed (actors)

Being quite fond of imdb's feature "Recently viewed" which is keeping track of recently visited actors pages, I wonder if something like this is possible and of course desirable within trakt.tv.

Together with https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/4215471-recent-visitors-to-your-profile this could add a new information angle and later on help finding trakt buddies of similar taste.

14 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Co-productions ?

Hi,

The countries involved in a tv show or movie is a really interesting detail.

Tmdb has this info under "Production info" > "Production countries"
                                      Could you import it ?

Thanks

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Notification Emails Not Rending Right in Outlook

The new notification emails are awesome, but they are showing pretty big in Outlook. http://imgur.com/eyb9e46

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Differentiate between ep, season and show

In collection (trakt.tv/users/user/collection), maybe the overview would be better if it automatically shows a tv- series as one season if all episodes in said season has been collected. Same if all seasons in one series have been collected.

As it is right now, it will show every episode (in All Types). The episodes clutter the view;

If I own a DVD with season 1 of Breaking Bad, I do not want this listed as seven individual units, but rather one unit, because it is one season on one DVD.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planning to look into this and maybe add a setting to group things with the same season and date. For now, you can also filter by shows which will group them together.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base