General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comments and Moderation

I've written a rather short summary of my thoughts about the comments in v2 of trakt here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/7325147-a-little-feedback-about-comments

Now, this was closed at the end of April with the comment saying the not finished, other things you'd "cover" in other tasks. So, 8 months later and nothing more happened.
    There's an even older suggestion about "community moderators" here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/6955017-idea-community-moderators
    That one is from January with a "Long Term" label.
    While I do not agree with the suggested application requirements, I still do think trakt definitely needs moderators for comments.
    And with moderators a way to message people directly. That would…

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Where & The What

I was throwing away my movie tickets (cus yes, I saved tens of them), and logging the dates I saw the movies with my friends. It was cool, reminiscing with the titles and dates and looking back to the good ol' days.

My title describes what's absent from this already amazing website. We have the the when (dates) and the why (I'm assuming you like the movies you saw). But not the where and the what. Was it at a movie theater in Chicago? On demand at your house in florida, dvd, vhs, blu-ray?

This would help recapture the memories…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide list icon when inside that list

The icon for lists is always blue for every movies when viewing a list (duh!) so it could be interesting to color only the icon of the movies who are in other lists than the one we're in

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to see who liked my personal lists

It would be nice to see who liked my personal lists.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What do I know this actor/actress from? (filter actor/actresses shows/movies by watched)

Often I recognize an actor/actress, and I find their name, but I'm still not sure what show/movie I know them from. You have all the info needed to fix that!

I suggest there be a way to filter the shows/movies on a "people" page (trakt.tv/people/...) to only show the shows/movies that you've watched. This functionality will only improve in helpfulness as people update their trakt profiles to be more complete, and as trakt's actor database becomes more exhaustive.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Import more/all credits

It would be great if there was a way to get the complete credits for an item on the site. Limiting it to just the director and actors is overly simplistic.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add filter for most popular(most followed/commented...) user lists

One thing I would love to see coming back from old site is the popular
    lists section where you could browse through most popular (liked/followed/commented) user lists. In the past I used this to discover some great movies this way! Example for a former popular list:
    http://trakt.tv/users/_varg/lists/great-movies-you-may-have-never-heard-of

I know that I can use the search to look for personal lists using:

http://trakt.tv/search/lists?q=afi

But there's no way to filter for most followed lists (month/year/week) as far as I know. What do you think?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. network activity

Please make the Network Activity section on the dashboard bigger.

A lot of my friends (and me including) love to marathon tv shows and at the moment I can just see the last 9 episodes. If my friends marathon a show I won't be able to see any other activity and I just don't want to check everyone's history individually.
    If this idea messed up the new dashboard, then it would also be an idea to add a "Read more" button next to that section and that button could redirect us to the last 30 or 40 activities/entries of our…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add items to a list from the list page

When making a list, you have to go to a movie's page, then add it to the list. It would be so much easier if we could also add several movies to the list at once. For example: When you create a list, the first thing you see is an overview of all movies/people/shows/etc. (with search and filter options), and you only have to check a box next to (or on) the item to add it. I'd love that! :)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Genre on watchlist

Have the ability to separate movies by genre on the watchlist

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show who liked my comment

Show the people who liked a comment. Just like on Facebook, so you can see who liked your comment.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. microsoft

Please add Microsoft as a source of the "Watch Now" feature so it is easy to know/access content I can purchase and watch on Xbox/Windows devices. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base