General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart lists

I think it would be great if you could implement smart lists similar to the smart playlists in iTunes so you could create dynamic playlists with say actor X and actor Y in category Z. The playlist should automatically update when new content match the filtering.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to add location to a check-in

Please add the possibility to add location with a check-in, similar to Facebook or Twitter so we could track if we watched a video in the cinema or at home. A connection to Foursquare would be nice to for a list of close locations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UK Airdates

Can you in addition to selecting your timezone actually set what country you watch in and then pull the appropriate air dates of episodes in from tv rage/thetvdb.

E.g. I live in the UK so 2 broke girls is 8 episodes behind but i'd like to be able to track it consistently with the UK so i'm not seeing episodes that need watching that haven't even aired yet (at least not locally).

An option to toggle this on or off for different shows (as some won't have relevant air dates - because tvrage/thetvdb hash't been updated or because it doesn't…

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tagging friends when checking in

I was thinking about a function where you could (when checking in) to tag someone who's listed as one of your friends. This way would save time when two or more persons that have trakt account watch something together. I say that based on my own experience, when I'm with friends and everyone stops to check in. what would be easier if only one could do that and tagging the other. Of course, that would mean that would have to implement too some kind of mechanism where you would allow some people to tag you and later you could just…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compare watched progress with another user

Compare your watchprogress with another user (like e.g. in steam).

Would be nice to have the possibility to compare the own progress with one (ore more) other users side-by-side.

Like http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3595512-compare-watchlists-with-another-user- this could increase the social process, like whatching episodes, which both are missing together and so on

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In collection, but not seen by you or some of your friends

Be able to figure out among friends which movie I have that nobody have seen. (Perfect when you are planing a movie night, and you are able to suggest movies people haven't seen yet)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. better list management

better, easier, faster list management

- manage lists together -> list with all cool tv shows, mark some for me, my girlfriend, which we want look together
    - other users can see what items are new on the list
    - read the summary and tag it
    - better communication when lists change, notifications for "new item added", "item changed by other user", ...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat rooms per movie, show, and episode

If there is chat room that keeps the people who watch the same thing in touch so they can chat about it while they are watching , that would be a lot of fun ,,,, thank u

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. TV listing + guide

So I watch a lot of tv shows in one day it would be cool if u add a tv guide only for the states and canada or any other major country like that I know that if I miss an episode at 10 I could watch it at 12 I know this is a long term project and most probably get declined but it would be cool to have everything under one webdite

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Live commenting feature (like soundcloud)

commenting feature that displays user comments of checked in users at the point during the episode that they posted it, like on soundcloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. News and articles about shows, movies, etc

I wonder if would be good a main page with news related to series or movies, news in general so we can use trakt for something more than just selecting what we see.. to use it like a real and trustworthy entertainment website.

Perhaps with a section dedicated to detect series that you've seen or are in your watchlist, so that you go there knowing that you'll read something of your interest.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share badges with Achivy.com

I know the badges for Trakt haven't even really launched yet, but at some point it would be really great if they could be shared to Achivy. I imagine this would just be a question of making the badges available via the Trakt API so they integrate them into Achivy, right?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show more shout/review statistics about the different Trakt users on the shout/review page

Maybe its an idea to show more statistics on shouts and reviews of Trakt users.

For example the total amount of shouts can be shown a Trakt user has made and the total amount of likes for all the shouts someone has received besides the likes on the currently displayed shout or review.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tag your collected items

Give us the ability to tag movies, series and episodes in our collection, using tags.

Tags can be marked as private, seen by friends or been public, like it's happening with lists.

Tags can also have their own unique custom color and can be manipulated through Trakt's API.

An example would be to tag some movies for their location in user's library, i.e. in HDD #3 or in BluRay #41. If someone want to do the above example now, using lists, s/he would end up having an enormous number of lists.

Another example would be to indicate the format (i.e.…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Categories for lists

Right now when you're looking for community lists you have to options to choose: Popular and Favorites. Since favorites are mostly good lists (of public interest), many of the other user lists are hardly worth anyone's time or a not supposed to be for the community but for their friends. Example for this: http://i.imgur.com/fZ0IF.png.
    To ease to process of finding some lists or what you're actually looking for categories would be a big improvement. These could then be chosen when creating a list.

Proposed example categories:
    - "Critics" or "Reviewers" / Lists by critics, review websites etc
    - "Best…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base