General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show friend ratings on the episode summary page

We've got friends' ratings of movies and TV shows, so why don't you get back ratings of episodes? It would be very useful

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rome is not a movie

http://trakt.tv/movie/rome-2005 is not a movie but a TV Series

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whose Line Is It Anyway is missing tvrage_id

Hey,

This show: Whose Line Is It Anyway is for some reason missing tvrage_id in your json data.

Regarding to this: http://services.tvrage.com/myfeeds/search.php?key=h36inreKJ3NHXd4niUIc&show=Whose+Line+is+it+anyway there should be tvrage_id 6597

Please fix it.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Limit API results that are returned

Could you please think about adding an option to limit how many trending items we want do download?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update API: show community rating of next_episode in user/progress/watched

Show community rating of next_episode in user/progress/watched API, so show/episode/summary doesn't have to be loaded.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alyce Kills (2013) cannot be deleted from my collection

The movie "Alyce Kills (2013)" is stuck in my collection. I delete it, but as soon as i refresh the page it shows up again.

Also, the cast and crew listed are actually from "Chopper (2000)" imdb id: tt0221073

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. + view details

Would be cool if "+ view details" would turn into "- view details" when clicked. That's a nice touch and not much to code.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. By involving new members

Contact new members after a week then quarterly in their first year to find out what the both liked and disliked - encouraging them to pool ideas to improve the service.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Media Centers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use ETAGs to reduce API data that hasn't changed

Right now applications need to frequently call and download all the information regarding Shows/Episodes etc to make sure they have the latest into. if you return proper last modified dates inside headers apps could just request the header and skip downloading the data if there has not been any changes.

This should both make apps faster and efficient and also reduce load on your servers and reduce your bandwidth usage.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sign in using social networks like facebook, twitter, and google

So you can log with G+ account and share check-ins and the other activities by Google+.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I updated some things for facebook. Can you try one more time disconnecting, then reconnecting facebook on trakt? What I do now is fully remove the app from facebook so that it will do a clean reconnect. I’m hoping that fixes the issue. I also added error detection, so it will display a red message on your dashboard if it detects an issue with Facebook.

12. Easier Ratings

Just like you have the seen, add to collection, add to playlist hover buttons, can you add a rating icon so you don't have to go into the show to do it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Air day only displaying a "s" on the show summary

It's probably just a typo in the code, but on every show page an unnecessary character ("s") is shown.

e.g. Airs s at 23:00 on Comedy Central

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile website

I know, there are enough mobile apps out there but there are at least as many reasons, why trakt needs a mobile page.
    For example there are a lot more types of mobile devices, that don't have an app for their OS like the sony PSP or the old mobile phones
    and also the newer devices don't support the new software anymore, like iPod touch 3G that can't go higher than iOS 5 and so new apps won't be able to be installed. i use the trakt web interface on my ipod but it is very slow but with a…

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. API method to get user's checkins for a single show

An API method to get a single user's checkins limited for a single show.
    Like 'activity/user', but with the ability to filter for a show only (identified by tvdb_id, for example).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Slug for series that start with a number

Via the API I am unable to access 2 Broke Girls via its slug of '2-broke-girls' that instead loads, 'America 2Night', my guess this is because using just a 2 instead of the slug gives me the same result.

30-rock does not have this issue, but there is no show with an ID of 30 by the looks of it either.

Are you able to restrict treating the value as an ID if its a slug (contains more then just numbers, or contains a dash)? I realize this probably allows you to use the IMDB ID as well, but those…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace/Fix & with ampersand (&) in descriptions and titles.

Replace/Fix & with ampersand (&) in descriptions and titles. The easiest way to find these occurrences are through this Google search: https://www.google.se/search?q=%22%26amp%3B%22+site:trakt.tv ("&" site:trakt.tv). "About 49,900 results", so this is probably something that should be automated.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug report regarding calendar view and show marking as seen.

In calendar view under Weekly selection and Grid (no titles) view, if given day have more then one show and top show is not marked as watched, then after clicking watched icon on any show in that column (in overlay over image of the show) and before manual page refresh watched indicator on show icon (diagonal sign on upper right corner of the show icon with text "seen it") will appear on first show in that column (not tested in case first show already have marked as watched) and not on initially marked show, but after page refresh indication is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. First Aired - Incorrect for Unaired Shows

When getting episode information from the API via show/summary with the extended option, the first aired fields show dates for episodes that haven't aired yet and don't actually have air date information.

For example: Banshee

TheTVDB API returns an empty FirstAired element for Season 2 Episode 1, whereas the trakt API returns these values:

"first_aired": 21600,
    "first_aired_iso": "1969-12-31T22:00:00-06:00",
    "first_aired_utc": 43200,

Seems its getting set to a default value instead of being left blank. Would love to see these either left out of the json sent to the client, set to null or left blank as I'll be able to handle…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This fix will go out tonight. If not aired, it will return data like this:

“first_aired”: 0,
    “first_aired_iso”: null,
    “first_aired_utc”: 0,

Before the utc and iso were added, it would have just sent back a 0 for first_aired, so I went with that.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base