General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Most Watched boxes customizable

During my childhood I watched many animes such as Dragon Ball Z.
    If I check-in the seasons the TV Show becomes my most watched TV Show by far.
    Therefore this will never change since it has over 200 episodes and no new TV Shows today will have that much (I think)
    I would like to be able to add this TV Show in my watched list but don't think having it as my most watched TV show is really relevant.
    This applies for movies too.

Suggestions

- Allow in settings profile section to choose if Most Watched boxes should refer…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import movies/shows from another account

Add the ability to import in your account history, from another account on trakt, the selected movies/shows/episodes with the same watch date and the same votes.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Viewer's Milestones

Hello
    I have small idea - special page in profile, where user can observe they milestones for using trakt.tv.
    Milestones would be like:
    - watched 100 episodes,
    - watched 1000 episodes,
    - watched 150 movies,
    - watched 30 comedies,
    - watched whole [eg. Marvel Cinematic Universe] list,
    - spend 100 hours watching shows,
    - spend one month watching tv shows,
    - started watching [eg. The Big Bang Theory]
    - finished series: [eg. Strike Back]
    - created first list,
    - added 100 items to Watchlist,
    - friended 10 users,
    - had VIP account for 6 months.

It could be also place…

537 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Collection Settings

It would be nice if there was a way to set your default Collection viewing options. There is a place to set settings for Collection progress, but unless I'm missing it, there's no way to set preferences for the Collection itself. Currently, it defaults to All Types by Recently Collected... for me, it'd be more useful to show Shows by Title every time I see my Collection (thankfully, it does that on Kodi where I primarily use my Collection, but it would be helpful not to have to reset my view every time I go to it on the website).…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

Hi

Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

This would help

Thaks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Easier CSV export/backup of multiple sections

Make it easier to do CSV export of multiple setctions at the same time. E.g. add a tab in the profile where you can mark which stuff you want to backup then a backup button which will give you a ZIP file with the selected section's CSV files. Maybe even make to possible to backup automatically to Google Drive.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How many movies have you seen from a specific person?

I added this idea on vip forum, but might as well post here to for the general pop to see :)

Its fun to know :

with a bar above the posters where he/she enter´s

http://s17.postimg.org/5z328bn67/Untitled_1.jpg

or below the picture:

http://s17.postimg.org/6h2t1x24v/Untitled_2.jpg

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't recommend movies already graded

I have a recomendation to watch a movie I rated 2. One of the worst I ever watched.....

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Follow a List

Would be nice, if there a way to follow a User List or import the list to the watchlist.

Sometimes we see great lists... but always need to return to the list to see non-watched movies, etc...

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. private profile public list

I have a private profile, but would like to make one of my lists public.

At the moment this doesn't seem to be possible. (Searches for the name of the list, already set to Public, does not return any results. If I go directly to the link of the list when logged out, what shows up is a message that the user is private, and not the public list.)

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add personal status to shows via the progress page.

I would be really cool if users can mark/flag their shows manually, for example:

Watching - If the user is actively watching it.
    Renewed - If the user has caught up and the shows is on break.
    Airing - If the user has caught up and the show is airing.
    Hiatus - If the user has caught up and the show is on midseason break or something like that.
    On-Hold - If the user has paused watching the show but hasn't dropped it.
    Dropped - If the user doesn't intend to watch any-more.
    Re-watching - If the user is re-watching…

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Movie sets/Sequels

I would really love that when you're watching some movie's page it would show somewhere that is it a part of some movie set (sequels etc.).

551 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add TMDB as an alternative to pull TV data

I've been using trakt a lot, I have a lot of different shows on my progress list, and recently I have started to notice that TVDB has some stupid rules, and don't allow certain shows to be added.

I propose that there should be a way for a specific show to pull its data from TMDB instead, that doesn't have those stupid rules, I don't know how hard that would be to implement, but since the website already pulls the data for movies from TMDB, I hope not a lot.
    In last resort case, there should be a way to…

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Friends watched or followings watched ?

If I follow someone who's profile is not private,

I would be happy to see if he watched a movie/episode when you go on the movie/episode's page.
    This only works if you're friends. But since the profile is public, I could go and check it manually. Which is a bit a waste of a time.
    My point is it should be
    Followings with public profil as minimal requirement to see it on those pages.

| 357 watching now | 2 followings watched | Rated by 1 following |

I assume here that ratings are available if profile is public

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lock lists

Allowing lists to be "locked". So a movie can't be added or removed from the film page. It can be annoying when a list is "complete" (ex. a film festival or the Top X from year Y) and by mistake I add a movie who has nothing to do in this list because I clicked the wrong one. It hold no sense to propose me to add the movie to a list when the list is "locked" or "finished"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. if you like X, check out...

Remove already played series/movies to from this list.

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Graphically present timeline of watched/collected episodes

I think it would be cool and useful if the progress bars in the watched/collected screens was filled by what episodes you've seen, so that if there's a 3 season show, and you've seen season two, the 33% of the bar filled would be in the middle of the progress bar. Gives a nice one-look view of whether you are missing any of the latest episodes.

For a graphical representation, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5wdnn22x58c9w1/trakt-idea.jpg?dl=0

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Differentiate a first-time watch from a rewatch on the Recently Watched sections of user profiles.

When taking a glance at the recently watched sections of a user's profile page, it's easy to assume that the user has just watched the movie/show for the first time, even if that user originally watched said movie/show a long time ago. I think that it's very important to distinguish the difference between a first-time watch and a rewatch as they are very different experiences for the user, and that maybe adding a rewatch label/icon or giving the option to hide rewatches from the recently watched sections would be a good idea.

513 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A options that you could subscribe or un subscribe from a show

For example: if i watch one or two episodes it doesn't necessarily mean i want to continue to watch the show. therefore if you want, you can subscribe to it or dont, so it would show in my progress page and in my calendar

313 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Group episodes of a show that are marked as watched simultaneously on the history page

Marking a season of a show, or the whole show itself, as watched will display each of the show's episode on the history page. Imagine that on a show with 200 episode that you had watched previously, for example. You mark this show as watched and then you check your history. You'll have to navigate through a lot of pages that display the show's episodes and it's kind of an unpleasant experience, especially when you want to review your watched history.

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base