General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter History by month

It would be awesome if you could restore the functionality to filter the history page by month and get an overview of how many episodes and movies I watched during that month.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [suggestion][bug] Adding New shows to watchlist as a "TV show" instad of "1st episode"

Under calendar, when you go to "All / New Shows" and you click add to watchlist, only specific episode is added to watchlist.

Suggestion: Add whole "TV show" to watch list instead of episode only.
    Else please change "All / New Shows" to "All / New Episodes". It is misleading.

Bug: Also in current state under new TV shows, added series episodes do not show up under "My / TV Shows", i.e. on your calendar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add items to a list from the list page

When making a list, you have to go to a movie's page, then add it to the list. It would be so much easier if we could also add several movies to the list at once. For example: When you create a list, the first thing you see is an overview of all movies/people/shows/etc. (with search and filter options), and you only have to check a box next to (or on) the item to add it. I'd love that! :)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customized statistics for time spent watching

Like how many hours spent watching in a specific year, month, time frame aside from the existing statistics for the present week and total time spent watching.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Personal Top 10

It will be cool if everyone had a custom Top 10 for both shows and movies and we will be able to choose which show/movie are in the Top and choose the order.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Genre on watchlist

Have the ability to separate movies by genre on the watchlist

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give lists a type, then use that in filter and search

Lists would be a great way to find new shows to watch, but when searching for a show in lists, most of the results are of the 'shows I've watched/want to watch' type and therefore not helpful.

If lists had a category attribute, (For instance: Best Of, Favorite, Watchlist, Watched, Personal, Recommendation) and that category could be used to filter search, then the results could, eventually, be much more helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customizing Upcoming Schedule

While the upcoming schedule is great, the fact that it includes shows on my watchlist makes certain days rather long. Perhaps we can have an option in the settings to display only a schedule that is the shows we've marked as watched.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search for show(s) in lists

As a way to find new shows, and compatible users, it would be great to be able to search inside lists.

The current list search seems to find list names, not content in the list.

A couple of regular language examples:
    "Show me lists that have The Hidden Fortress"
    "Show me lists that include Star Wars and The Hidden Fortress"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. favorite actors/ directors

based on how many movies you've watched with him/her

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Next chapter to check-in shown on the serie's homepage.

It would be great if the next chapter to check-in was shown on the serie's homepage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show only Shows I have unwatched collected episodes of in Progress

When looking at the progress page, I can see all the shows I have started, but have unwatched episodes for. If I look at my collection, it's all about finishing the collection.

I'd like to filter/combine that together a bit more. I'd like to see a list of shows that I have in my collection, yet haven't finished watching. That is, ny show I have with unwatched episodes. Possibly with another option to only show the shows that I have a complete collection for (so I don't get stuck in the middle).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Loving or Hating(Rating) a character

Everyone has characters that they like or don't like. It would be nice if we could say "Like" or "don't like" so we can see which personage is loved or hated. Maybe add an option to tell why you love or hate them

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show who liked my comment

Show the people who liked a comment. Just like on Facebook, so you can see who liked your comment.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link to Metacritic.com

if it is possible can you add a link to Metacritic.com for Movies and TV Shows, like the links to wikipedia and IMDb. It would be good to see critic reviews and scores for Movies/TV Shows

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better Favorite Sections

Make the favorite show and movie sections independent of the user's show and movie ratings. Not every favorite is of a highly rated quality and not every high quality rated show or movie is a personal favorite.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Connection between Movies & TV shows that are related

Add the connection between Movies & TV shows that are related.
    Like "Agents of shields" & Marvel movies
    Special Section with movies TV connections

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Smart lists

I think it would be great if you could implement smart lists similar to the smart playlists in iTunes so you could create dynamic playlists with say actor X and actor Y in category Z. The playlist should automatically update when new content match the filtering.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List view as an alternative to grid view

Make a written list of movies and show people have watch in alphabetical order. Include in it the rating given by the user and comments they may wish to write about the movie or show. This will make for a more condensed and orderly way of viewing your movies and shows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. UK Airdates

Can you in addition to selecting your timezone actually set what country you watch in and then pull the appropriate air dates of episodes in from tv rage/thetvdb.

E.g. I live in the UK so 2 broke girls is 8 episodes behind but i'd like to be able to track it consistently with the UK so i'm not seeing episodes that need watching that haven't even aired yet (at least not locally).

An option to toggle this on or off for different shows (as some won't have relevant air dates - because tvrage/thetvdb hash't been updated or because it doesn't…

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base