General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invest in better servers!

I am growing tired of the constant server issues, with episodes/films not displaying as watched or collected, to stupid page errors where it refuses to show anything. I understand the expenses side of it, but when your website is suffering due to constant downtime, it's time to reevaluate. As a Trakt VIP subscriber, I find the issues make me question where exactly my money is going.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Weigh the average rating of shows/seasons by number of episodes watched

Currently, the average rating for a show seems to be a simple average of all the ratings, so it doesn't take into account how many episodes each user has watched. A more accurate depiction would be to weigh the average based on how many of the available episodes each user has watched.

Let's take a simple example: users A and B watch the first 10-episode season of a show the year it first airs. User A rates it an 8 and user B rates it a 9. After the first season of the show, the displayed average is 85%, which…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hell's Kitchen US Season 19 in trakt.tv/TMDB info is incorrect compared to TVDB

HELL'S KITCHEN US
    Trakt.tv:
    https://trakt.tv/shows/hell-s-kitchen-2005/seasons/19

TMDB:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/2370-hell-s-kitchen/season/19

TVDB:
    https://thetvdb.com/series/hells-kitchen-us/seasons/official/19

According to Fox Broadcasting the 19th season starts January 2021. Per Trakt.tv season 19 episodes 1-4 are in January 2021 but episodes 5-7 have November 2020 air dates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Check-in from Dashboard

I'm not using any external app.

So I basically use Trakt on Web brower on my PC or phone for my checkins.

I would find it useful being able to check-in right away from the dashboard (Up next to watch section) without having to access the episode in the first place.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prequels and Sequences of Movies

It would be a great idea if the developers could join the sequels and prequels of movies together. Like for Harry Potter series, if someone clicked Part 4 (Goblet of FIre), there should be a separate section in the page which shows Parts 1-7.Similarly, in the History tab, there should be a filter which shows the sequences and prequels of a movie series together.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Staging website is down

Constantly getting Error 502 at https://staging.trakt.tv/. Hoping to use this as a test environment for my app

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Information on the source of a scrobble

It would be great if you could see the source of a scrobble in the watch history, e.g. "Manual scrobble from user", "Recieved from Plex webhook", "Recieved from API via <App name>". This would help with debugging, and also remembering where you watched a show.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a link/button to add a comment to the top of the recent comments list

Currently, if you scroll all the way down to the "recent comments" section of an entry, you have no way to add a new comment from there as you would expect. Instead, you need to scroll back up to the top to see the "add comment" button, which feels really weird.

Consider this view: https://trakt.tv/movies/the-social-dilemma-2020#comments. I would expect to see a link or button to add a comment somewhere without needing to scroll.

I might actually even expect an input to already be there, ready to receive my comment. I think this could drive people to add comments more…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Track how an episode was seen

I think that it would be nice to have a feature for tracking what channel or from what streaming service did you watch something. Also, on films you could track at what cinema did you watch the film

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'm having trouble with adding episodes to a list or rating one.

Pretty often when i try to give a rating to episodes it comes up with two messages in the top of my screen. One saying i rated it and one that i unrated it. That's one issue.
    The other issue is that whenever i try to put something in a list it says DOH! We run into an error and then it adds something two times into the list. That's also annoying....

Hoping this can be fixed as well as the servers. Sorry, not sorry. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Private Comments

Best case scenario: being able to have both a public comment and a private comment on any given movie/show. Very useful for keeping track of any info that one doesn't want publicly available (ex: who you watched it with, name of who recommended it to you, etc.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. International release dates in calendar

It would be amazing if the calendar of Trakt.TV would show release dates depending of the primary country (configured in the settings).
    TMDB and IMDb often have release date entries for different countries. It would be nice if Trakt.TV would use them in the calendar.

For example "No Time To Die" shows 2 April 2021 as the release date.
    But TMDB and IMDb shows the 31 March 2021 since I am living in Germany

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new Recommendations list?

The newly added Recommendations list is not fully functional (I think):

• Give us a Type filter (Movies, TV Shows) drop-down, just like History and Ratings have.

• Recommendations is not considered a proper list (I thinik), so History > Fade > Unlisted will still fade items in the Recommendations list (not correct behaviour) - please fix.

• Allow VIP user Setting "Don't show date of Recommendation on the Movie/Show/Episode main page".

Thanks for consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Site redirecting to sign in page

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but sometimes (increasingly often) when I press add to history the URL changes to /signin and it forces me to the dashboard, I have to make several attempts to refresh and do it again before it works. It also happens when I try to add to a list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tab for Logged In Sessions

Please add a tab for users to maintain their logged in sessions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate TV Networks with same names but different countries

Networks with the same name, but in different countries seem to be flattened together currently.

Example: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, https://trakt.tv/shows/my-teen-romantic-comedy-snafu, which airs in Japan on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), has its network listed as simply "TBS".
    When you look at the list of popular shows for that network, lists American Dad, Cougar Town, etc, which air on TBS (technically Turner Broadcasting System) in America, intermingled with a bunch of anime from TBS in Japan - https://trakt.tv/shows/popular?networks=TBS

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Season Subtitle visible on the Progress Site

A few years ago you added the possibility for Subtitles on Shows like "Amerikan Horror Story" or for the Ninth Season of "24".
    But this is only visible on the Series-Site itself...
    The Progressbar (under "view seasons) still shows us only Season 1, Season 2 etc.
    Is there a way to add this there too?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't Want To Watch

Would be nice to flag a movie as "don't want to watch" or "not interested". This would in effect be the opposite of watchlist. The reason for doing this is for people who spend a lot of time researching actors and selecting movies to collect or watch later, there may be some popular movies they don't want to watch. Flagging these movies would be helpful. For example, when reviewing popular movies you have the ability to hide movies that you have watched, planned to watch, collected, etc. but there is no ability to hide movies you don't want to watch.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Best NDIS services providers in melbourne

I am a Medical Doctor in Australia and I am at this time specializing in Pediatrics. I am very loving about the work that I do. Our mission is to provide centered services with un-matched quality that support empowers permanent disable persons to make their own journey of life.

As a support provider we help people with significant and permanent disability to achieve goals in their life by assisting in Community Participation, Household Tasks and many more. At Authentic Life Care, we provide home care support services to families, to assist them through challenging times in their lives.

Here at…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Up next to watch - Sorting Recently Watched - Recently Aired

I would like to have an sorting that joins recently aired and recently watched.

For example if you have completed a season of show x and one year later after having watched many other show a new episode aires this new episode should be "up next".

I don't think I explained what I mean properly so if It is not clearplease let me know and I will try explaning again (more.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories