General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync with TV Time (API)

There's been some posts in the past about this matter however none of had a solution, in this post (https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/32788618-please-give-me-tvtime-api), Justin stated that he has no access to the TV Time API and no way to request an API key, I believe that through this link (https://api.tvshowtime.com/doc) that might somehow be possible. Hopefully you can take a look at it! Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

No plans our side to integrate their API since it doesn’t really contain all the features needed to fully sync data. Their app should ideally be integrated to send Trakt data.

As for the API key, their docs indicate you still need to email them to get a key.

2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Episode listing for Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23

Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 is missing episodes and the ones that are listed are in the wrong order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get UpdatedAt Property for a Single Show

An API that allows you to just get back the DateTimeOffset of when the Information for a show has been updated on Trakt Servers.

Instead of fetching all updated shows from a Date onwards, or fetching the whole show object, this would save a lot of bandwidth and processing time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search watched shows/movies by title or ID.

It would be so much easier if we could also filter a user/library/shows/watched call (also with movies) to search for a specific title or comma separated list of titles, to save a massive list being returned and searched when you're only looking for one title. for example, looking for 'tt0468569' in a returned dump of over 400 entries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Progress API

I find it hard to just get the progress per show.
    Especially because the data is available on the site here: http://www.trakt.tv/users/me/progress

Could it be possible to get this data easily through the api?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use multiple Ids in API call

It would open a lot of possibilities if the API calls allow multiple ids to fetch data.
    e.g.: https://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/shows/game-of-thrones+30-rock+the-simpsons/progress/watched

The reason this would be awesome is so that apps like showdates.me are possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix API access over some well respected VPN IPs challenging with captcha

Authenticated API request responses from some of the IPs used by privateinternetaccess.com, a well respected and widely used VPN provider, respond with a CloudFlare captcha challenge. This is obviously a problem for APIs which are meant to be accessed by non-humans. Perhaps api.trakt.tv can change something in their CloudFlare configuration?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. scrobbler for ubuntu

scrobble plugin for ubuntu

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * header for images returned from API

This would allow manipulating images in the browser, when loaded directly from the url. My use-case is extracting the major colors from a poster image, to dynamically color my user interface depending on the colors in the loaded poster.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add in_collection property episodes to method show/season

The method show/season does not show the property in_collection for the individual episodes in that season. You have to get the summary of an episode to know that, so an extra call. The in_watchlist and watched properties are there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Shows filter by ids array

It would be nice if we could search by a list of ids instead of a single id.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please post a more complete example of what you are proposing in the G+ API group. In general, supporting multiple IDs is not something we plan to support for caching reasons.

13. The TextQuery search API function is missing data

I'm using the TextQuery function (http://docs.trakt.apiary.io/#reference/search/text-query/get-text-query-results) to search for an episode. I get a response with data about the episode and associated show, but it's missing two important items that are listed on that API page: "number" (the episode number) and "ids" (structure with trakt and other ids). Perhaps the Apiary documentation is out of date? Or maybe it's simply a bug in the function call.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better info on Wikipedia

Often I find better info about episodes on Wikipedia, especially for lesser known shows. A good example is for "Come Dine With Me". This is not only for information but also for episode ordering and existence.

Is it not possible to get the information from Wikipedia Episodes also or somehow compare to TVDB information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. it's not possible to distinguish between shows with same name in different countries

when using flexget trakt_list, trakt will give the wrong series name.
    my setup depends on it.
    for instance: i want to watch Shameless (US) but trakt gives my only shameless and the episodes go to the wrong folder and then also xbmc thinks it's the UK version.
    same thing happens with "The Newsroom" which has an older version and trakt used to give me "The Newsroom (2012)" to distinguish.

please revert it back. i saw on another post that you said it's cleaner this way. well even searching to the site how am i to distinguish? by cover photo?

please…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. define a list-type for lists in API

Currently there is no way to define user lists by type, i.e. TV list or movie list, using the Trakt API

if the API included this via the call to https://api.trakt.tv/users/id/lists, something like "type": "movie" or "type": "tv" it would make life much easier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple playlists (for families or multiple users using same system)

It would be great if you could create multiple collections or playlists e.g. Mine, Kids, Wife etc so using the same login everyone could be catered for, particularly useful for the tv that all the family watches...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recommendations sort by last added

I think it would be very handy to get the recommendations sort by last added.

If I add a few items into my History I can see that none of my first 3 recommendations have been updated but when I retrieve 100 items I can see that some items have been inserted (They seem randomly positioned on the list).

I think it would be very useful to get the recommendations sorted by last added or maybe getting a timestamp on when were those new items added into the recommendations.

This way the user will also get the first recommendations regarding…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Recommendations are calculated on the fly, so there isn’t really a concept of “last added”. At some point we need to overhaul the recommendations to allow for more filtering and sorting, but it is currently too limited to support that unfortunately.

19. API to get show progress

In v1 there were the possibility to get all show in library and for each of them having the information on watched progress. is it possible to have the same possibility on v2 api?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)